xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Saint_Michael

Saint Michael Get Laughing And Scared As He Reviews Balls Of Fury And Holloween

Before I get into the movies I like to say RIP Moustapha Akkad, without your support the Halloween franchise would not be what it is today and you will be missed.Now to start off I saw Balls of Fury on Wednesday night and the story is simple a has been Olympic ping pong prodigy seeks redemption in the world of underground ping pong playing. Of course with some great comedy to help it along which made it a good movie, although I think Christopher Walken, and James Hong are the two that made this movie even more funny or it would have been pretty lackluster. Due to the fact that this movie went by pretty quick before it got any good which wasn't really til 30-35 minutes left in the movie when it became a dark comedy. Maggie Q and Jason Scott Lee did ok as supporting characters, however, Dan Fogler needs some more work on his acting skills, he had his moments in which I laughed a good solid 5 minutes from one scene. Meh its worth seeing if your a BIG fan of any of the actors that I mention and need a good laugh, but after that the movie becomes a rental or a DVD purchase, and thats if you haven't seen the movie yet.6/10 it was a funny movie and it had its moments but I think they could have done more slapstick and maybe a few more spoofs into it.Now for my second review, all I have to say Moustapha Akkad and Donald would be proud for helping financing this movie, and I know John Carpenter is really stoked about how well Rob Zombie recreated the original Halloween, which first came out almost 30 years ago (next year marks the 30th anniversary). I would say Rob Zombie extended the original movie by at least 30-40 minutes with a back story as to why Michael Myers went Psycho on the residents of Haddenfield, If you seen any of Zombies movies you know he likes to make the death fast paced, gory, and with some sweet zooming to make it better. On top of that Zombie and with the help of Tyler Mane (played Sabertooth in X-men) made the Character of Michael Myers a hell of a lot scarier then Carpenter did from the first two movies. That Raw dark power that came out of of this remake was beyond surreal and I could only imagine what the people felt like 29 years ago when they first got a taste of Michael Myers when he began his rampage. I have seen all the Halloween movies and only parts of resurrection and I would have to say that I would put the franchise in this order of the best movies in this franchise; Halloween (remake), Halloween, Halloween II, Halloween 5, Halloween 4, Halloween 6, Halloween 3, Halloween H20, Halloween Resurrection. Also I would like to mention that Donald Pleasance would also be proud for how Malcolm McDowell help recreate the loomis character as well, although Scout Taylor-Compton did an awesome job in this movie, she will never top Jamie Lee Curtis's role as Laurie Strode, not even by a long shot.I gave this movie a 10/10 as Rob Zombie redefine the Michael Myers character beyond anyones imagine.As with all movies reviews I will give my box off predictions, and as for Balls of Fury I don't see this movie breaking 100 million; I would say $20-30 Million opening week, $60-70 Million after it finishes its run, any more and I would be surprised and anything less I wouldn't be surprise. Now for Halloween I put this movie at least $100 Million for opening weekend and I top it at little over $200 million after its run through the theaters and make the rest of its money through DVD sales.If horror greats were smart I would say pit Kruger, Jason and Michael against each other and against the world and make it the ultimate body count ever, but of course we all know how big of a flop Freddy vs Jason was :XD:.

If horror greats were smart I would say pit Kruger, Jason and Michael against each other and against the world and make it the ultimate body count ever, but of course we all know how big of a flop Freddy vs Jason was sad.gif.

that would be hot even tho i think freddy would probably be that last one if they went against each other cause he's the least vulnerable to kill in my opinion and ya freddy vs jason WAS a flop..i think i remember seeing that movie in theaters when it came out i expected it be much better than what it was....and i've watched alot of the holloween movies but damn i never realized how many sequels there actually was imma go see this one for sure