xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
mabhishekjhawar

What The Best Thing That Fit Your Resume For Mba any idea about MBA

OK DOES anyone have nay idea on MBA , i have jus completed my graduation in mechanical engineeering., i want to pursue a MBA program , but currently i am working in a software company as a trainee, i m planning to hang aroung for another year or so , but later i wann pusrsue MBA , DO U THINK shifting from mechanical to software will affect my resume , if it wil wat can i do to minimise my loss..

Usually I would say that changing your focus will not affect your resume as most company's are just looking to see whether or not a dedicated worker with qualifications. Therefore if you switch to software it could actually be beneficial as recruiters will notice that you have decided that you want to persue software over mechanics as this is where your interests lie. Consequently they can see that you are not afraid of taking risks.

While you "hang around" for a bit, perhaps it would be beneficial to take a course in business, both to see if you really are interested in the material and also to show any potential MBA schools that you are interested. Doing well in the course would look very good on your resume. Also, if you have the opportunity to take any leadership positions or such, you could talk about this experience in your application.

Abhishek,If you are applying to an MBA program, do make sure that you have a strong statement of purpose and get a good GMAT score (assuming that you are applying to a university in the United States).The statement of purpose is where you would highlight aspects of your resume that you think would give you an edge over other applicants. It also conveys your personality to the evaluators because you can express your thoughts, motivations, and feelings and present your circumstances within a statement of purpose. You can draw references to the incident that got you thinking about business administration, instances where you would think out of the box, success that you had in management and business administration, suggestions that you made to organizations either through contests or by writing to them as a concerned customer, taking the initiative to create change for a cause that you support, or even summer internships that changes your perspective about running a business. You can include positive comments and remarks that you get from your employers regarding your time management, resource management, presentation and communication abilities as well as your ability to organize your work and improve your efficiency or the efficiency of your team.Academic institutions are always on the lookout for students who would have an active role within the research community at the university so any research papers that were published in journals would be a definite plus when applying at any academic institution of higher learning.Moving between different fields of study is usually a good thing - you can draw upon your knowledge in both fields and can manage to synthesize your learning from different disciplines.