xisto Community
megabytemb

Windows Xp Service Pack 3 & Vista Service Pack 1

it would be better if you would have done the research yourself and posted the link to that in here instead of sending us to go do some googling out there.

In case anyone wanna read it, here is the link http://www.pkblogs.com/curiousgawker/2005/1-ready-in.html

or just go through it here

Windows Vista service pack 1 ready in time for Windows Vista release.

Microsoft has announced that in keeping with its tradition of timely updates and security related bug fixes for it's software products, it is now ready to release Service Pack 1 for the upcoming new version of the popular Windows operating system called "Vista".

Microsoft had to release this service pack in response to a virus threat to the new not-yet-released operating system, which was pointed out by Mikko Hypponen, director of antivirus research at F-Secure. The virus is said to target Microsoft Command Shell (MSH) technology currently in development under the codename Monad. A Microsoft spokesman clarified that the rhyming of the name with "gonad" is incidental and does not in any way, reflect upon the technology.

Windows users have applauded the company's quick response to the virus threat to their future operating system and have started downloading the new service pack, even as Microsoft is getting ready for the release of the operating system itself.

The company has also issued a tech note instructing users to "Please install the service pack only after having first installed the actual operating system".

In other news, Microsoft has announced that hereafter, installation of software which does not conform to strict Microsoft issued user interface standards will cause computer hard drives to auto-format.

This actually is something that hapened before the commercial release of MS Windows Vista and the SP has already been incorporated into the commercial release and you dont need to go downloading this. I havent come across any service pack for Windows Vista throughout my visits to MS's website.

What's good in Windows XP service pack 3 anyway? I haven't downloaded it yet. Service Pack 2 seemed to cause a lot of software conflicts when it arrived. I'll have to do a little reading on this one.