xisto Community
veightar

Is Evolution Justified Had the theory of evolution been prooved to the satisfaction of human

Long have man searched for the answer to their existance on earth, but ended with the proposal of the evolution theory. Since our life here is greatly affected by how we come by and where we are going it is vital we search for more details about this theory whether it is justified or not , should we believe it or not.

This is a brief summary for the Darwinian Theory:

Darwin's theory of evolution is based on five key observations and inferences drawn from them. These observations and inferences have been summarized by the great biologist Ernst Mayr as follows:
1) Species have great fertility. They make more offspring than can grow to adulthood.

2) Populations remain roughly the same size, with modest fluctuations.

3) Food resources are limited, but are relatively constant most of the time.

From these three observations it may be inferred that in such an environment there will be a struggle for survival among individuals.

4)In sexually reproducing species, generally no two individuals are identical. Variation is rampant.

5) Much of this variation is heritable.

From this it may be inferred: In a world of stable populations where each individual must struggle to survive, those with the "best" characteristics will be more likely to survive, and those desirable traits will be passed to their offspring. These advantageous characteristics are inherited by following generations, becoming dominant among the population through time. This is natural selection. It may be further inferred that natural selection, if carried far enough, makes changes in a population, eventually leading to new species. These observations have been amply demonstrated in biology, and even fossils demonstrate the veracity of these observations.

To summarise Darwin's Theory of Evolution;
1. Variation: There is Variation in Every Population.
2. Competition: Organisms Compete for limited resources.
3. Offspring: Organisms produce more Offspring than can survive.
4. Genetics: Organisms pass Genetic traits on to their offspring.
5. Natural Selection: Those organisms with the Most Beneficial Traits
are more likely to Survive and Reproduce.

Darwin imagined it might be possible that all life is descended from an original species from ancient times. DNA evidence supports this idea.
Probably all organic beings which have ever lived on this earth have descended from some one primordial life form. There is grandeur in this view of life that, whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been, and are being evolved. (Charles Darwin, The Origin of Species)
======================================================

Now I do not believe this theory is completely right. It is right to a certain limit but I don't think a human was initially an ape. That's illogical. Scientists were not able to prove this theory being right nor wrong. They just believe some points of it make sense and should be taken into consideration.

Notice from truefusion:
Quote what is not yours.

Well its up to you if you want to believe it or not. If your religious and take the bible very seriously as your guide then don't believe in evolution. It's vital in researching our origins and i guess the origins of life.

I agree with Mojoman. It's actually how you perceive things. You believe it or not, it's all your choice. I do believe in evolution. If you have watched this discovery channel show entitled "The Real Eve". It does show the power of evolution on explaining things. The show is about the "Real Eve." (By Eve, the one we're all of us came from in reference to the Judaeo-Christian Bible.). They were able to tracked her back to Africa, via Mitochondrial DNA. I can't provide the details as I'm not that into biology. The main idea is that we all come from a single mother. They were even able to explain why this and that. From the dark-skinned mother to the white/yellow and brown people. We evolved to suit the environment.

You don't "believe" in the Theory of Evolution. You accept it as a fact after the evidence and proof that you see and notice. I know things aren't for sure but we're getting closer and closer to the answer, isn't it?

We've come far with Evolution, when we didn't end up anywhere with the idea of Adam and Eve, I mean there was plain nothing in Special Creation. We are here and that's it, Evolution still has come a long way and for all I know will.. And maybe Evolution is still in doubt. Special Creation has been proven wrong by paleontology. Humans came into existence way after the Earth was formed.

Evolution apart from being the answer, has been immensely helpful in so many other fields like medicines, genetics, botany, food and so many other things which affect our life to a huge extent. From what I have learnt, Evolution is justified, way more than the idea of ignorance. Evolution answers the age-old question, "The chicken came first or the egg?" while Intelligent Design can't. They will just add another verse in the Bible or Qu'ran as an answer, saying the Chicken came first and it is a truth.

I don't think a human was initially an ape. That's illogical.

I would like to know how is it illogical. DNA, homologous and vestigial organs are things you can take as things supporting the theory that humans were apes.

The show is about the "Real Eve." (By Eve, the one we're all of us came from in reference to the Judaeo-Christian Bible.). They were able to tracked her back to Africa, via Mitochondrial DNA. I can't provide the details as I'm not that into biology. The main idea is that we all come from a single mother. They were even able to explain why this and that. From the dark-skinned mother to the white/yellow and brown people. We evolved to suit the environment.

I've seen that show, was pretty interesting. Eve, the first female human and Adam the first human male. Yes, we did adapt to our environments as man ventured out all over the world, but the skin color was rather not an adaptation but you can say a side-effect. We didn't need it, it happened over time as environmental conditions had an effect over melanin and other enzymes or things that are present in our body and are responsible for the skin color.

But you can always say Evolution is wrong, we are yet to discover the fossils of Unicorns. XD
Edited by sylenzednuke (see edit history)

You don't believe humans were apes?? We're apes right now!!! We never stopped being apes!Never ceases to amaze me.....If evolution is wrong then there is no such thing as AIDS or the new superbug, or staph infection, that's killing people. AIDS wasn't hiding in a cave for a billion years waiting to walk out and start infecting people. New viruses and the like have recently evolved!Also, if evolution is wrong, you'd be an exact clone of your mother or father. The fact that you're a little different from them is what also proves evolution. Your kids will be different than you, their kids will be different, etc, and after thousands of years the changes can be rather significant. It's very simple.....

Although I am a big believer of the theory of evolution, I don't think all questions have been answered, although we have traced human origins as far back as five million years ago. The biggest question is how did life on Earth really begin and if that question is ever answered then everything we now know could be absolutely false. OF course, most people, especially the religious nuts would bury that answer so far into the ground that they think you were crazy or something. All we can do is research, hypothesize and explore the Earth and Universe to find the origins of existence.

[1]You don't believe humans were apes?? We're apes right now!!! We never stopped being apes!Never ceases to amaze me.....

[2]If evolution is wrong then there is no such thing as AIDS or the new superbug, or staph infection, that's killing people. AIDS wasn't hiding in a cave for a billion years waiting to walk out and start infecting people. New viruses and the like have recently evolved!
Also, if evolution is wrong, you'd be an exact clone of your mother or father. The fact that you're a little different from them is what also proves evolution. Your kids will be different than you, their kids will be different, etc, and after thousands of years the changes can be rather significant. It's very simple.....

[1]I think you've gone bananas. ;)

But in all seriousness: [2] micro evolution != (does not equal) macro evolution. Evolutionists have a (huge) tendency to appeal to probability. This is one of the reasons why the theory of evolution is just that—a theory, not a fact. None of your statements prove that evolution is true. Also, some people accept evolution only because it doesn't involve God.

I thought today's evolution theory and DArwin's theory are much different in details. That scientist find many holes and fixed it such as human from ape thingy. I thought no scientist today say we came from apes. Am I misinformed?

I thought today's evolution theory and DArwin's theory are much different in details. That scientist find many holes and fixed it such as human from ape thingy. I thought no scientist today say we came from apes. Am I misinformed?

Maybe not. A lot of biology books are out dated on their information that deal with the theory of evolution; they promote the same old things. Scientists have found holes and tried to fill them, but that doesn't mean all books were replaced.