xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Punisher12

Trillian The next step of Meebo

Trillian is a universal instant messanging system which allows more than one client of a instant messanger such as (AIM, MSN, ICQ, Yahoo, IRC)Its pretty cool, and i've been using it since 2004The new version of Trillian called "Trillian Astra" looks promising.

I use trillian too, I really like it. The only problems I really found in it is that you can't transfer files to/from msn users and the IRC service doesn't seem to work, but neither of those are a real problem for me. Also, if you don't buy it then you can't video chat, but again, not a big problem for me. It is very nice to merge all your chat programs into one though, makes it much simpler and easier on your CPU.

Yeah Trillian has major issues with sending files to people using the original clients.Like AIM has issues with Direct Connect as well.And sometimes, my emoteicons will show up as black dots.

Trillian is outstanding. I haven't switched to anything else since I found it a few years ago.I'm using Trillian Pro, and really the only differences that you'd notice between the Basic and Pro versions are the avatars being displayed on your buddy list, the animated emoticons, and the video conferencing. So you're not really missing out on much.The IRC client does work pretty well... I use it every now and then. I just think that the best feature of it is its ability to consolidate multiple instant messaging platforms into one program... just so you don't have to load up AIM, YIM, MSN, and everything else just to keep in touch with friends and family. The tabbed windows feature is also pretty awesome IMO, so I don't have a ton of IM windows filling up my taskbar.Anyone know of any nifty tricks that you could do with Trillian? I'm sure we could all try to maximize its potential. :XD: