xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
synapticflame

Star Wars Knights Of The Old Republic Ii Light Side or Dark Side?

Which side of the Force do you play?  

7 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

It's out!!!!! Will be released for PC on February 5 2005. YEAH!The first game was amazing. This looks even better :D :DWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!Ok, seriously. SWKOTOR was game of the year in 2003 - it's a roleplaying turn-based combat game. You aren't limited by the turn-based combat, though. I know some folks who play entirely in realtime. You control the main character and whichever party members you choose to bring with you. You can pause combat and queue up actions for each party member. Your choices have a ginormous impact on your surroundings. This has to be one of my favorite games of 2003. I have nothing but high hopes for the sequel.

Cool, the first game was really good, and now that I've seen all the trailers, KOTOR 2 is going to be much better, one of the best games ever, I choose to play the light side mostly because of the healing ability and super speed, but I still used some of the dark abilities like shock and so forth.

The first one was just great! I played the game full light side. At the end with the combat against darth malak i was at full command of the light side. But how did you defeat darth malak. I did it by just throwing lightsabers to him, because else i couldnt defeat him. But how did you guys did it??Greets Timmik

The Dark side i picked. becuase im Lord Vader lol, man i am a big fan of star wars got the battle front and all the others. its so cool, gonna get the box set trilogy soon. I like how episode 3 will have Lord Vader come to live. Yes! anyone else like darth Vader. I know i do.

The first one was just great! I played the game full light side. At the end with the combat against darth malak i was at full command of the light side. But how did you defeat darth malak. I did it by just throwing lightsabers to him, because else i couldnt defeat him. But how did you guys did it??

Greets Timmik

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well I was a Jedi Knight so I had really high strength, I kept on attacking him, whenever I was on low health I just cast heal, it didn't too many force points because I was fully light side, and I cast the occasional shock or threw my lightsaber just for the fun of it. It worked out for me...just... because I did waste my force points messing around... ;)

Hehehe I got a little lucky ;)

I've heard great stuff about this game. Can't wait to get it personally. Anyone actually have it yet? i wanted to know about the gameplay and stuff. Dark Side>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Light Side. I'd rather have a Walker over an X-Wing. Heh, but then again, I am the Generic Badass.

I went for light side in the first game and I think I will do the same in the second when it comes out. The heal ability coupled with using speed to avoid enemy attacks for a while make you almost impossible to kill, especially once you are fully light side and the cost of using the powers goes down. As for attacking, I used the flurry feat with force speed, you can get in many hits for each of theirs.

I sort of was mixed. I really wanted to be good, but then I kept on doing bad things... ;) Or at least with the first. With the second, I think I'll make up my mind. I'm not sure which way yet, however.

It pays to make up your mind and decide one way or the other right from the start of the game. As you go on you tend to use force powers more and more, so having the cost of use lowered for either dark or light side powers, whichever way you decide to go, makes life a lot easier. I found it hard to do this the first time as well though, I didn't know how much of a difference it would make so I didn't do what I should have done in terms of chasing light side points and choosing light side force powers.

Sometimes the choices were easy or hard, depending on the situation, I mean, for one of the decisions, you either have to leave a guy in prison because he actually commited some crime and for that you get dark points and if you convince the people, you free him but he is actually guilty and you get light points. But before I did those sort of tough choices I saved it, then loaded the game again if I did a dark points choice. I still dunno how I knew when those sort of decisions came up though, its kinda scary. ;)

I found there are enough points avilable that you can reach full light side points even if you make a few dark side decisions. given some of the dialogue trees you have to go through to find the options, it seems only fair that they let you make a mistake every once in a while. In KotoR II you will apparently affect your relationship with the other members of your party depending on what you do. that could be interesting to see, but I am a PC gamer, so will have to wait a while before playing I think.

Thats pretty cool, this time I'll probably be a neutral, or I could just play the game once in the light side and once in the dark...see what your party members do and stuff. Anyway I'm kinda in the same boat as you, I'm a PC gamer as well, I don't really know the exact date that KOTOR2 is coming out, do you?

look at the very first sentence in the very first post :rolleyes:the game is made by Obsidian which is also the maker of the greatest titles of all time such as Fallout, Fallout 2, NWN: Hordes of the Underdark, Baldur's Gate series... it just HAS to be good!

From what I know the engine is just a polished version of what was used in the first game rather than having been built completely from scratch. I certainly hope so if i want my PC to have a chance of running it well. But that still leavces scope for them to change the gameplay a bit and add new elements to the game. Given what they are working from and their reputation it should be well worth playing. I will be picking up a copy as soon as I see one in the shops, and will try to stay away from the xbox version so I don't ruin any surprises there may be.

Lucky...It'll probably all be screwed up for me, one of my friends is definitely going to get for the x-box and he'll probably ruin the story and loads of other crap, if not I'll be tempted to ask him or I'll see it around his house. The same thing kinda happened with the first one, I knew quite a bit of the story before I started playing it...P.S The PC Version could be a bit different than the xbox version as its coming out later than it...maybe even better :rolleyes: P.S.2 Obsidian rock! :)