xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Saint_Michael

Michael Vick To Plead Guilty For His Role In Dog Fights

Well everyone who's been paying attention in the football news since the story first broke about Michael Vick and his dirty little secret of breading dogs to fight and gamble with. At least he's smart enough to pleas guilty because if he decided to fight it in court, he had no chance of winning. Although he won't be playing for the rest of the season, I would go as far as to say his career is over, no team would want to associate themselves with a person who is cruel to animals like that, we already know that no sponsors will pay him to advertise their products. Although Pacman Jones was bad enough for the them, the NFL must have spent millions on damage control just to lawyer up and distance themselves from him. Either way at least he did hte smart thing and admit his guilt, but if football team does pick him up next year, good luck to them in trying to defend themselves from doing so.

I'm a huge Falcons fan.I'm actually kind of glad that he won't be playing this year or at all ever again for that matter.The falcons will have a better passing rating with Joey Harrington.Who knows? Maybe Vick was thier whole team.We will find out this year.

It was probably good for him to plead guilty but his career is not over because of it. He will be suspended for the season and maybe even the next one, but then he will come back. Because of his talent in running with the ball and making good plays on the run, some team will pick him up. If you want an example of this, just look at the NBA which has huge sponsers even for teams and players who have been in the legal system numerous times. People tend to forget and just dont really care if the acts dont personally affect them. That is the way Americans are and that is why he will probably be playing again in a couple of years

I was just at a formal dinner sort of thing when I heard more about Michael Vick. The dinner was a fund raiser for my schools football team, so Pro Athletes were invited to autograph whatever and to give inspiration. They brought up Michael Vick's case saying it is something you should never do. Why ruin a Professional football career, or temporarily suspend it, for dog fighting. The professional by the name of Bubba said sometimes you need to choose who you hang out with, and drop misleading friends. Obviously, Michael Vick never heard this kind of speech, and now he must pay for his actions. I think his contract was over 100 million dollars, so if the team decides to lower it, because of his action I say they should shave some of it off and put it in my piggy bank :XD:.

his career is not over because of it. He will be suspended for the season and maybe even the next one, but then he will come back.

I have my doubts. If he had raped a woman or murdered someone, or even molested a young girl, yes, he could probably make a comeback. However, since it was animal abuse, he's toast. Almost anything else can be forgiven but not that. The animal right people have allready been swamping the NFL with nasty letters, I'm sure they have recieved many thousands. Nobody will touch him with a 10 ft. pole.

Well everyone who's been paying attention in the football news since the story first broke about Michael Vick and his dirty little secret of breading dogs to fight and gamble with. At least he's smart enough to pleas guilty because if he decided to fight it in court, he had no chance of winning. Although he won't be playing for the rest of the season, I would go as far as to say his career is over, no team would want to associate themselves with a person who is cruel to animals like that, we already know that no sponsors will pay him to advertise their products. Although Pacman Jones was bad enough for the them, the NFL must have spent millions on damage control just to lawyer up and distance themselves from him.

replying to the quote above i hate the falcons and pacman jones is the best cornerback in the league.

Notice from truefusion:
You must place anything that is not yours into QUOTE tags.

Hes facin 3 years of jail and a lot of money, but people shouldnt focus on his celeb status, because out there there more like him and doin worst things to animals and humans...

I have my doubts. If he had raped a woman or murdered someone, or even molested a young girl, yes, he could probably make a comeback. However, since it was animal abuse, he's toast. Almost anything else can be forgiven but not that. The animal right people have allready been swamping the NFL with nasty letters, I'm sure they have recieved many thousands. Nobody will touch him with a 10 ft. pole.

That is very unlikely if he were to do any of those things would he make a comeback, Any sports player who did that, career would be over.

Interesting they were only going to give him a light sentence, but it seems to be that is career is going to be over if he goes for more then 3 years. Yeah he could still work out and stay in shape, but with all that time away from the game and on top of that he's already been replace this season. So by the time he gets back into the game he will unneeded, and I know I won't be surprise if he does make it back but I hope they sack the crap out of him every time he plays.

That is very unlikely if he were to do any of those things would he make a comeback, Any sports player who did that, career would be over.

Have you forgotten Mike Tyson????
He came back and made a few million $$$ in fights after acused rape, not to mention biting a guys ear off.

Well i think he got what he deserved he is a star quarterback gets a load of money and he wants to have dog fights to make more money. That is just greed in my opinion. I don't think that he will be coming back to the nfl. Look at Ricky Williams he has been trying to get back in the game but no one is taking him and he did not even do a crime as big as Michael vick so i think he is done going to become a regular person just like all of us and have to live with the actions that he did. Also if his former team take him back after he gets out jail they are just asking for trouble. The money they were given to him to be there quarterback they can go out and find a decent quarterback that will help them win games. Also Vick is not even a good quarterback he mostly runs he cant throw good and what is the point of being a quarterback if all you want to do is run. He just be a running back instead.