xisto Community
blogmaster

How To Start An Online Business

Hmm, well, free hosting is alright. But you'll have to be experienced in this expertise seriously. It's a very big commitment, so think twice as you will have to dedicate your time to issues on support. Brain-storming is one of the requirement for #1, i guess as you will have to see where your idea can excel into and produce a unique identity in the industry alone, fighting against the many free hosts out there.
Secondly, keyword research seems to come from either this or this.

Anyway, this topic, either that or guide seems to be a little extract from a book i have. By the way, for marketing, i suggest a grassroots marketing campaign if you have no budget.

These are all great suggestions, but I just started trying to figure out how to create an online business that could make me a bit of money, and I think that some people need to start at even a more basic level. It's easy to say "register a domain" and "create a website." The problem for me when I got started was that I wasn't exactly sure what a "domain" was, or how I could register one. I had seen lots of advice about how to create a website, but didn't understand, unless I was selling something on ebay, how I could possibly make money with it. I thought perhaps I could have a website that people subscribed to to learn things, or for support, for a monthly fee, but soon found out with more research that it doesn't work well.

I found a free newsletter offer at netwealthdr.com that was very useful to me. In addition, the website had videos and ebooks that started at the very basic and walked me through the ideas step by step. I am not all the way through, but now I understand how affiliate earnings work, how ppc work, and how to tell things that are illegal like ponzi scams. I am still learning everything I need to know before deciding on what exactly I want to do with my website, but I am certainly much better educated than I was when I started.

I hope you find it helpful, too.
I am listed on that site as jason t, so drop me a line if you want when you are there.

Thanks, and love this site! Lots of interesting topics. :)

Its very important to start with a business plan first! just to make sure you are actually gonna make some money. There are plenty of business plan templates on the net, just grab a simple one and pay particular attention to your forecasted cash flow. After you have cleared your numbers then start doing the hard work! Seems pretty simple but many people forget it very often and ended up making expensive mistakes. Good luck!

Starting an online business is not rocket science, but it's very easy to fail if you are not careful either. Below I will try to outline some of the steps you can to increase your chances of success.

Decide what you want to do. it is very important that you do someting you enjoy doing. I suggest evaluating your interests first.

Carry out keyword research.

Register a domain.

Create your web site.

Market it.

Step 1: The Idea
Step 2: Legal Matters
Step 3: Your Domain Name
Step 4: Selecting a Web Host
Step 5: Designing a Website
Step 6: Marketing and Search Engines
Step 7: Interactive Websites
Step 8: Build a Customer Base
Step 9: Repeat Business
Step 10: Accounting and Taxes
----------------------------------------

Step 1: The Idea and Start-up Plans

This is the most important step of all! Without a good concept, a good product, good services or good content, anything else you do is a waste of time. So what should you look for here?

If you already have a business off the Internet (in the "real world"), this is the logical place to start. However, we do not recommend that you stop there. So many businesses launching websites view the Internet as just another place they need to advertise.

Their websites tend to be little more than what are known in cyberspace as "Brochure Websites." They simply replicate print advertisements and brochures. While these sites are not totally worthless, they fail to take advantage of the unparalleled opportunities afforded by the new technologies online.

The Internet is fast becoming the busiest business district the world has ever known. However, having a web site should be more than reproducing existing advertising. It should mean taking full advantage of the Internet's capability of interactive shopping and globally convenient access. Your web site can be the perfect showcase for people to obtain information about your company and products, an efficient way of communicating with your present clients, potential customers and an international marketplace to sell your products and services.

If you do not have an existing business, you should still look for ideas first in areas where you already have some expertise. If your current expertise does not seem to lend itself to an online business opportunity, your next plan should be to spend some significant time learning about the businesses already operating online. Once you have an understanding of what is available, look for ways to do the same things in a better way or look for a market niche that has not been serviced well. Keep in mind that there are almost always ways to improve upon existing services and products.

go and have a look at http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ if you liked it.

Ok, so i have heard of this online business and how to make money. But what are some great ideas as to what to sell or what to put on your website? I have a certain idea of what to do but how would i market it and make name of it so that i can sell items efficiently.

Creating an online business is a process... People sometimes have a tendency to feel that they can just set up a site and forget about it, but you really do have to try to build a relationship with the people you are trying to sell to. If you have a relationship with them, they will buy easier from you

Creating an online business is a process... People sometimes have a tendency to feel that they can just set up a site and forget about it, but you really do have to try to build a relationship with the people you are trying to sell to. If you have a relationship with them, they will buy easier from you

I agreed with you, and select product on sale it is essential step

I haven't much experience in online business, but I do know of a friend who put up a forum-type website on a game he very much enjoyed. This site ended up housing a great many significant strategies that were mostly input of the forum members/visitors and not by the owner/admin himself, very much like Xisto but only to a lesser degree. He earns income through the ads he puts up. All he has to do is to maintain or increase traffic into his site by constantly updating it and all that. That is one way of doing business online.

Starting an online business is not rocket science, but it's very easy to fail if you are not careful either. Below I will try to outline some of the steps you can to increase your chances of success.

Decide what you want to do. it is very important that you do someting you enjoy doing. I suggest evaluating your interests first.

Carry out keyword research.

Register a domain.

Create your web site.

Market it.

I agree with you and i think the most important of the steps that you post is the first one.

Mario

Yes you are right, we have to build a relationship among the people to make our business better.

Every aspect well touched but there are also a few things worth mentioning for example advertising your business in those domains which may not be the targetted audience.Well to put it straight its like selling ice to an eskimoTo advertise you can always use the best of the best of the best.Google adwords.Of course there are better ways also but this is the only one that comes to my mind

i would like to thank you for this great help. This makes so much sense. Im starting to building my web site http://110mb.com/404.php and im struggling. I have signed up for affilaits and i have no visitors. I will try your great ideas and let you know how it goes. Anymore help would be very welcome.
thanks. Terry