xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Tramposch

Computer Problems

kk.. i made another partition off my 250gb harddrive, and i wanted to install vista on it, so i was doing that, and my power went out, and now i can't boot from my... other partition, the one that already has everything set up, its very annoying, and i can't get on my computer any more, im on my mums

kk.. i made another partition off my 250gb harddrive, and i wanted to install vista on it, so i was doing that, and my power went out, and now i can't boot from my... other partition, the one that already has everything set up, its very annoying, and i can't get on my computer any more, im on my mums

Boot from the CD. :XD:

Set Vista up again, making sure you do a full wipe of the partition you just made. After that's all fine and dandy, you can focus on fixing your boot sequence.

What error messages do you receive when you try to boot from your system partition?

it was cut off on my screen, but the problem, idk how, is solved now? im on my other partition, they both have vista installed, i found out... but on the other partition (oh, and i can't get to that partition anymore idk how) cannot connect to the internet, it can't use windows aero.. etc

it was cut off on my screen, but the problem, idk how, is solved now? im on my other partition, they both have vista installed, i found out... but on the other partition (oh, and i can't get to that partition anymore idk how) cannot connect to the internet, it can't use windows aero.. etc

Back up all your stuff. Then wipe both partitions clean and reinstall. Or just wipe the other one clean and reinstall on that one.

You're trying to dual-boot XP and Vista, yes?

im trying to dual boot vista and vista

That doesn't make any sense at all to me. (It already doesn't make sense to dual-boot TWO Windows OS's... but yikes.)

May I ask why you're doing this?

i did it with my old computer, but with two HDDs now im just doing it with 2 partitions, but a different operating systems, its faster, i use one for certain things, has certain programs, and the other, different things, with certain programs :XD: iknow it might sound dumb, but.. yeah lol

i did it with my old computer, but with two HDDs now im just doing it with 2 partitions, but a different operating systems, its faster, i use one for certain things, has certain programs, and the other, different things, with certain programs :XD: iknow it might sound dumb, but.. yeah lol

That still doesn't make any sense...

Why not just optimize one? Then make two profiles?