xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Terriator

Adsense And Adwords Related More of a theory than actual facts

Hi people,Well, I've had an average income on adsense of about X / day for the last few months. I have a very very low CTR , so I mainly get this income from the about a million pageviews / day Anyways, 7 days ago I started using adwords, and here are some funny observations;Day 1: Adwords budget of X usd/day ==> Adsense income: Y$Day 2 - 6: Adwords budget: X+20 usd /day ==> Adsense income (each day) ~ 30% increaseDay 7-8: Adwords budget: X+40 usd/day ==> Adsense income: 60% increaseDoes anyone know if this is coincidence? Or how this work? I have a theory of site becoming more visible to advertisers when using adwords, hence my aquiring a larger eCPM, but I don't know anything (My eCPM has gone up faintly). I have a hard time believing it's coincidence seeing how my adsense income have been stable the last 3 months >____> ~Mathias

Edited by OpaQue (see edit history)

Well Terriator, I don't know about the 30% increment in your AdWords cost and if it's a coincidence or not, but what I know that AdWords campaigns could cost you HUGE money if you don't know the tactics and tips about dealing with the bids and choosing the most appropriate keywords that supports your niche and how much money you wish to spend in the campaign and so on.AdWords could help you a lot if you know how to use it, could be a disaster if you couldn't, plus you can manage your daily budget so you won't face any surprises.

That sounds like an interesting theory that you've got there, and if it's not just a coincidence, then you might really be on to something. I'm not sure if there's really a way to test something like that, other than through trial and error, but it it seems to be working, then you must be doing something right!I was wondering though... since I was thinking about getting into the AdWords game myself sometime in the near future... to get the extra increase in your AdSense income, was it because the money you spent created an increase in around the same % of visitors to your site?I'm confusing myself at the moment, so I'll try to explain that one again lol...If you spent X amount of dollars and then saw a 60% increase in your AdSense earnings... did that come because you had a 60% increase in your website's traffic hit count? Or was it something else like really 'niche' worthy traffic that helped the earnings raise without getting a ton more hits?Anyway, I'd love to hear anything else you've discovered or have an theories on, so if you notice anything more, don't forget to share it with the rest of us :P

Basically, with AdWords you bid to get your website higher up the search list and depending on the competition on the chosen keywords this can prove to be quite costly indeed. With AdSense, even though you have lots of clicks, the keywords you have chosen are low value. I figure this is because they have a low competition rate as far as AdWords is concerned. If google doesn't charge the Advertiser much then you won't get much for the AdWords based referral. Basically the advice is to not use the two at the same time.To maximise CTR, apparently, users must find your site THROUGH google, then proceed to click a sponsored link through Google Ads on your site. The advertiser pays google for the click based on how much bidding is done for the keyword and you get a !Percentage Potion! based on how lucrative the keyword is. If the keyword is one which doesn't lead to a high turnover of sales then an advertiser probably won't pay much.Anyway the point is, the advertiser pays more than the click-referee gets so you will end up paying google instead of google paying you.