xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
angad619

Wetpaint www.wetpaint.com

Wikipedia, considered by many as the greatest site ever created, is based on just one principle – who’s got the time to maintain an entire encyclopedia all by himself? So you let people create pages, edit them, maintain them. Doesn’t ‘let people create’ seem a mask to pleading people to develop your site? But then it worked!!!
Ever wondered what it feels like to be the sole power behind it? Well, now you could experience it too. Wet paint allows you to do so. A single page on Wikipedia is called a wiki, a page that can be created, edited, deleted by anyone (obviously under strict observation). Wetpaint.com is one of the few sites that allows you to create a site compiled of several wikis.
Head over to wetpaint.com and take a look. Just for this review, I created a site on wetpaint which is actually a replica of my site sachinfan.co.nr. You can find my site, rather my bunch of Wikis at angad619.wetpaint.com.
Signing up is a breeze. Much like any other signup. Just choose your username, password, site URL <something>.wetpaint.com Choose a suitable layout and you are on your way!!
You can start by inviting people over to your site, people you trust, people you think could develop your site along with you. All you need is a vision of what your site should look like and whatever creativity you can muster together. Also plan beforehand how much of the contents you’ll be conjuring up yourself and what part you want others to play. Also find out what options you have at hand. You can then weave your way through to a nice little site.

It also sends you weekly stats of your site. My site is currently ranked 29,169 out of a total of 507,000 total websites!

Another interesting feature is the newsletter that is received ever week or so.Shows your site rank, top contributors, your contributor rank etc.

+ves:Simplest way to start a wiki. No knowledge of PHP or HTML required whatsoever! -ves: You can't place your own google ads on your wikis!! The final page looks a bit cluttered with their ads, and other relavant boxes

Wow I like that wetpaint.com. It has a lot of idfferent things to it where you can some cool information about TV shows and games. Really easy to use and a very nice colour scheme. It was realy easy on the eyes and I love the logo. I actually might book mark that site and browse around a little bit later.As for your site, it is also a pretty cool website, although I am not much of a cricket fan it is still good. I like the scheme that you did on the wetpaint site, the black/blue looks very nice. You don't really have much on it but I'm sure that will change in the future. Though I think that i will stick with Xisto as my host because it is a great host and I like how you get a lot of free "roaming" when making your site. Thanks for the cool site link though :XD:

I'm not urging people to leave trap 17!! I know Xisto rocks!!!But the point is that wetpaint.com the the easiest way to setup wikis. After the bit of research I did, I've come to the conclusion that there are scripts available whick help set up wikis but they can't really be customised as much as wetpaint. In fact mediawiki (https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/MediaWiki/) allows you to create a wiki ditto as wikipedia but customising can be a real pain.So untill the concept gains popularity and you get better, more userfriendly, more customisable scripts to create wikis, I urge people to have a peek at Wetpaint and use Xisto for all their other needs.Now Wetpaint has even cutdown the no of ads on your site. So your final page no longer looks cluttered!!!Psst: Xisto rocks \m/ and even I've got my blog hosted with Xisto (angadsodhi.com/wordpress).