xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
kvarnerexpress

Leonard Cohen's Music Leonard Cohens music

I love Leonard Cohen's music. My first exposure to it was around 1968 when a friend of mine had a three week party while his parents were away. Three weeks, twenty-four hours a day, capping mescaline, listening to music, and flying high. You could stop by anytime of day or night nd the party would be in full swing. His road was under construction at the time, so one night we brought in all the construction street signs, the ones that blink (looking back, I have to wonder what happened to the poor saps who traveled the resulting unmarked, torn up road). They all blinked at different times, of course, and may I just say this had a powerful effect on those who were tripping. Anyway, someone put on a Leonard Cohen record, and I was hooked from the start. I played that record all night, played So Long Marianne hundreds of times, for I was in an obsessive, stoned frame of mind. Nobody minded, since they were all pretty much in the same situation. Anyway, he let me have that record, and I still have it today.