xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
TikiPrincess

(lego) Man Overboard

Apparently Jason Bourne isn't the only one lucky enough to survive being adrift at sea. Vacationers at a Dutch resort saw something floating in the ocean, so the hotel employees dragged it back to shore. Beachcombers and sunbathers alike were treated to an 8ft tall LEGO man model, complete with yellow arms and head, red pants, and blue shirt. You can read the story here.
I'm assuming it's some sort of artistic commentary considering that the words on his torso say "no real than you are." I'm wondering who the artist is and where it came from. An eye-witness says she thinks it was coming from the direction of England. Of course, I'm sure LEGOland will be trying to snatch that statue up sometime soon if they haven't made an offer already. I prefer their other lifesize statues made entirely with LEGOs you'd find at Toys 'r' Us.

Well, that's quite interesting. Some people send messages in a bottle, others put an eight foot tall Lego toy in the water with some words on it's shirt. Personally I have thought of hooking up balloons to a bottle and send the bottle off with a message in it. This is really quite interesting, I wonder how in the world they made that Lego man in the first place. When I first say that it was a "Lego" man I thought it was just a bunch of small Legos put together. This is even better, but sort of a waste of money. I would put it up in town square.