xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
shadowlusterx

Kingdom Hearts (series) Reviews and Theories

Put your theories, discuss, and review the game here. This is mainly since the old topics on KH are way back in the forum.

KINGDOM HEARTS

Publisher: Square Enix, Disney

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

This game was really good. Who would have thought that Disney and Final Fantasy would be a perfect match? I didn?t. But it turned out to be one of the best games I?ve ever played. The gamplay was intense and always something new. The pace of the game was perfect. Most of it was really fun. Some of the parts weren?t as good but were still OK. Basically everything was fun. You?ll have no problems when you play this game.

First Look

The trailer was pretty good. Nothing really cool. I didn?t really think that it would be anything special and it didn?t put it on my To Play list. But when my friend got it and I played it at their house I got hooked. The overall presentation and advertising isn?t good at all but once you see the game and play it, you just love it. When you start playing it instantly gets into the cool storyline. The tutorial can get annoying after you play multiple times but it is really good for beginners. The actual beginning gameplay is fun as well. Basically they did a terrible job in advertising and the cover but the actual game presentation is awesome.

RATING: 8/10

Graphics

They aren?t the best but they are good enough. You can play it and the storyline makes perfect sense. It isn?t the best for the time but it is still cool. The cutscene graphics are a whole other story and are comparable to the nex-gens. It gives all the Disney movies a new appearance and makes them realer. The graphics were just what they should be like.

RATING: 8/10

Story

I loved the story. It was great. It was fast and great. The best thing about it was that there were several inside one. All the Disney movies stories were put into it perfectly. The rest of the story was also perfect. And the characters also had great personalities and made you love the game. Some of it could be better but nothing was bad enough to be mentioned. Most of the time I played this game for the story.

RATING: 10/10

Gameplay

It was perfect. The only thing they could have done to make it better was to make it longer. It seemed a bit short and I really wanted to know what happened. It was great.

RATING: 9/10

Multi-Player

X Not included X

RATING: X/10

Mini-Games/Missions

The main mini-game was the gummi-ship. That was fun at first but it gets reeeeeally boring after a while. There was also Winnie the Pooh mini-games but I think that they were there just so you would have something to do since there weren?t any heartless in there. The coliseum was fun and all the other worlds mini-games were fun too. The only mission was to finish the journal, and I did it wasn?t required so many didn?t but the ones that wanted to get as much out of the game as possible. The missions and mini-games are mostly just to kill a couple of minutes a day or when you get tired of playing the actual game.

RATING: 9/10

Replay Value

The replay value was good. Really good. I played it 5 times before I got bored of it. You?ll be getting a lot of hours out of the game so don?t worry about being bored for some time.

Other Strong/Weak Points

There wasn?t anything special in this game. It just had the main aspects of an RPG and made them as close to perfect as possible. The only thing that was cool and new was the battle system. It involved using the X Button to activate commands that you could use by moving the action on the taskbar with the control pad. That was pretty cool.

First Look: 8/10

Graphics 8/10

Story: 10/10

Gameplay: 9/10

Multi-player: X/10

Mini-Games/Missions: 9/10

Replay Value: 10/10

Other Strong/Weak Points: 10/10

Average: 9/10

Final Score: 9/10

Who Should Buy This

This game was really hard to write a review about. Why? Because it was perfect. Nothing bad to write about it makes it really hard to write an extensive review. To sum up the whole review, this game was really good so you should get it and play it.

Discuss and theorize.

I have enjoy the series myself as it is good challenging game play that has a great story to it, and of course its done by Square-Enix. I haven't heard much on the third game although I haven't picked up a gaming magazine in months or checked it out either. I would say the Sephiroth battle was the hardest challenge it took me quite a few tries to finally beat him.

Yes, I think the gameplay is great. Square Enix has always made great games, they have made some of my favorite series like Final Fantasy and the games are distributed world wide. Two of these games include the Kingdom Hearts series as you already know. Personally, I think they have great characters and a wonderful storyline. Who could have made a better game?

So does anyone know anything about the next title being on a handheld. They said that the next one isn't going to be just Kingdom Hearts 3. Maybe it'll be like a spin off about the origins of the keyblade and stuff. If it is handheld I'm guessing it'll be on the PSP since most of SE's games are on a Sony system.

I seriously doubt Kingdom Hearts 3 will be on handheld, because when kingdom hearts chain of mermories was out it wasn't that popular and I'm preety positive that sony doesn't want to lose money cause of it so I think it will be made for PS3 users and its probably gonna take a few more years probably 4 because it was about 5 years from KH1 to KH2 and by then PS3 prices will go down and everyone would buy it. It still sketchy because Sony could come out with a new handheld device with better graphics so it may be able to handle kingdom hearts 3 but if sony was smart they would put it on a new handheld device soo all the kingdom hearts fans would buy the new handheld and they would make more money. So yeah still not answered but I gotta say Kingdom Hearts is alsome its addicting and it may get annoying if you play it alot but then after a week you would want to play it again :P

Nice, I have been curious about this game for some time now, I would always forget to check the reviews and yours is perfect. I didnt know it was from disney interactive as well as square. They made a great team. I found out about this game from watching fan made music videos from bands I like on youtube, and if it is as good as everyone is saying than I will have to play it. I wonder if it is as good as ChronoTrigger or Final Fantasy VII.

Oh yes play it, and yeah I think it is better than final fantasy because first its not really an rpg game final fantasy is an rpg game where you have turns to fight kingdom hearts is free when to hit and where. It is easy to play and quick to understand and I say it has a better story than final fantasy 7 and as you know final fantasy 7 is the most popular final fantasy around from what other people say, thats why they are remaking it. Anyways you should get it. Number 2 is easier to play with in the beginning than from the beginning, middle, and end of number 1. Why? well I dunno its just easier to fight and does more damage, but you should start with one first to get the story right. I dunno about it being better than chrono trigger because I never played it but I'm pretty sure it is. (little guess) but when you do play it you can message me for help if you ever get stuck, (this is available to everyone)

I REALLY prefer the Kingdom Hearts Games over any other RPG game out there x], Mostly because of the Story line and Graphics, It actually has something to it other than all the latest games that say 'Kill this guy to get that'.

I would say that Kingdom Hearts and Chrono Trigger are pretty much the same in greatness to me. X3 I loved Chrono Trigger and Kingdom Hearts and love both about the same. And saying they were both by Square, I think they are both great games. One not better than the other.

I really like the kingdom heart series i hope they keep coming out with more. The game play for kingdom heart is better than some of the rpg out there. I still play kingdom heart 1 just for the fun of it and i play 2 for hours. Some people think that seeing that it has disney characters makes it a wack game but those disney characters in my opinion beat a lot of other rpg characters out there.

Heck yeah! And they fit into the storyline so well, its like Tetsuya made them up himself even. You go to different worlds and meet disney characters and play with them. It just wouldnt be Kingdom Hearts without them. And they give the game a sort of innocence to it within all the fighting and chaos. Its just great that they are in there. And I also like the way the FF characters are in the games aswell. They fit the storyline too. I just cant wait for KH3. =3