xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
hateheals

How To Get Rid Of Cyclic Redunduncy Check(crc) Errors From Cd/dvd's

Lost MANY CD's and DVD's due to that.Precious lots of data perished for no fault of ours.What causes this error in CD/DVD's and how do we get rid of it?Making an image is impossible ,same with trying to extract data using IsoBuster.Evn brand new scratch fre discs show this error sometimes.

Man i hate that error, if it was a game you are completely stuck, no doubt about it. I know how its caused on games. I got it on BF2. The files inside have been corrupted and there is no way it can be fixed. It happens...

This link should be able to help you out, but in a nutshell of that article replace the CD-ROM drive to fix that problem, since it most likely follows one of the problems that you might. However, before replace get an air clan and cleans out your pc, for all you know it could be pretty dirty and dusty in there, and then spray the inside of the CD-ROM drive. Then test it out and see if anything happens, if you still get the error then replace the drive with one you know that works (basically getting a brand new one).

I remember while back, seeing an application that could do this. I'm not 100% sure what it was called, but it helped read the corrupted data on disks.

You can recover data from your screwed up disks by using the following simple method!1) Get something like nail-polish remover from your mum or a deo from your dad :P2) get some cotton and wet it with whatever you got from above.3) rub the transparent plastic side of the disc in a circular motion from the center to outward direction.4) rub it getnly but yet strongly. I mean don't make more sctraches.5) put it in the disk reader and VOILA! it runs.This works for me maybe it can help you also.... I recovered WinXP SP2 CD like this.The bottom line of the process is to remove the sctraches by rubbing.

thank youHow To Get Rid Of Cyclic Redunduncy Check(crc) Errors From Cd/dvd's

I tried a few different DVDs and the errors kept turning up so I was worried that my drive was actually the cause of this problem. However I tried cleaning all the discs like you said and it worked again! :D

Thanks heaps~

hello ! hereHow To Get Rid Of Cyclic Redunduncy Check(crc) Errors From Cd/dvd'sHi ! I am a 13 year old boy ! amd I want to say that if you want to get rid of CRC's here are the steps !1) make a image of that cd/dvd with nero.2) now after making a image , open that with daemon tools or alcohol 120 .3) now , no crc's .4) enjoy !If you don't have daemon tools or alcohol 120 , here are the links ...http://filehippo.com/download_daemon_tools/ ( daemon tools )http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ ( alcohol 120% )-reply by rohan acharya

Damaged disk?How To Get Rid Of Cyclic Redunduncy Check(crc) Errors From Cd/dvd's

I noticed every time I try to install the disk, I get the CDC on the same file. When I try to copy the file onto my computer, it doen't work. 

Usualy when this has happened to me its just been the disc being dirty.Just use medical \ (rubbing) alchol with a nice piece of soft cloth, T shirts work best.With this method your not scratching the disc either