xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
reconraiders

The Wicker Man (2006) What a terrible movie (spoilers warning)

When I saw the previews of this movie, I thought it looked pretty good. I really wanted to see it in the movie theaters. I never got that chance. But I did happen to watch it just the other day on cable and I was so disappointed. Does anybody else think this was a terrible movie? It draws you in and makes you like the main character(Nicholas Cage) and he appears to be the protagonist in this film. However, once you are completely on his side the plot turns and he ends up betrayed by everybody and ultimately dead. I was really disappointed with this movie. Also, it seems very feminist to make a movie like this. I guess the original was made at a time when things were a bit different. I don't know... something about this movie just pisses me off a little bit. I guess I'm most upset because I thought it was going to be good and it turned out to be not so good. :P

Have you seen the original? That was fantastic. Yeah- I'm always angry when they remake perfectly good films. It's understandable if they're 70 years old (King Kong) and actually have good directors. But when they remake films of genuine class and genius; it's terrible. My worst one was 'The Hitcher', the original being fantastic and creepy- the new one trying to make Sean Bean look scary...I'm just waiting until someone remakes the Godfather and starts recieving death threats. :P

I think the movie was awesome. The only reason for this, though, is because Fourest can make fun of it so easily. For example:* Holding Toast *Nicholas Cage: How did it get burned? HOW DID IT GET BURNED!?Lady: I DON'T KNOW!I don't think you can make fun of most older movies (pre 1970) in the way you can with some of these poor movies of today.