xisto Community
rajibbd

Hosting On Trap17.com

I already earn 38.08 cradits. I can easily apply for any particular pakage. Now i am confused whether i am going to apply for the free hosting or not. I can get a hostaing domain from any other Servise. It is true that Xisto.com is free Web hostaing, no Ads. But What makes different Xisto.com from others. I want to get repply from those who are already Hosting the domain.

Edited by rajibbd (see edit history)

There is a big difference between the two things you have mentioned in your post: hosting and a domain. Hosting is the actual disk space and features you get to put a website onto. A domain is a convenient way for people to get access to your website.

When you apply for hosting here at Xisto, for 10 credits you receive 20MB of space and 500MB of bandwidth. For 30 credits you get 500MB of space and 10,000MB of bandwidth! This is much better than any other free hosting service. As for the many other features you get with either package, check out the feature list on the main Xisto site. Once you have hosting, you need to keep posting on the forums, as each day you will lose 1 credit. Xisto do not place adverts anywhere on your site, and you are free to put your own adverts on your site if you want. The help and support from the community is also great, and something you wouldn't get from any other free hosting provider.

With you hosting account you get a subdomain, in the format http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/. For many people this is a bit too long and slightly unprofessional. For 250 credits you can get a domain (in the format http://www.hugedomains.com/domain_profile.cfm?d=sitenamehere&e=com) from Xisto. Alternatively you can pay a company a yearly fee and get a domain. Xisto - Web Hosting offer pretty cheap domains.

If you have any other questions about either the hosting or domains, feel free to post them and we will do our best to answer them.

I got a (sub)domain and a hosting package ealier on. Xisto says it is easy to set up a website and get going. But ive been fiddling around now for nearly 5 hours and i cant get a thing on there. I would say Xisto is pretty much the same to other hosters but trap has a lot more features. By the ways i still cant edit my homepage. I dont know where to find it!!!!lolPeople say trap hosts forums?