xisto Community
soleimanian

How To Add "copy To" And "move To" To Right Click

How to add "Copy to" and "Move to" to right click context menu

To add Copy to:

1- Click start menu > click Run to open Run dialog box. Type regedit to run Windows Registry Editor.

2- Go to the following address: HKEY-classes-root / Directory / Shellex

3- Right click on " ContextmenuHandlers" folder and select New and then select Key. Name it Copy to

4- Double click on new key and copy paste following code : {C2FBB630-2971-11d1-A18C-00C04FD75D13}

To add Move to:

In "HKEY-classes-root / Directory / Shellex"; Right click on " ContextmenuHandlers" folder and select New and then select Key. Name it Move to. And finally give it value of " {C2FBB631-2971-11d1-A18C-00C04FD75D13}".

Note: incorrectly editing windows registry may damages your computer; please create a backup from your registry.

Nice tutorial, but it aint working on my Windows Vista ultimate. Tried to add the Copy to and Move to in the Windows explorer context menu, but it aint working. I had to delete the registry entries I added in there so as not to mess up something in my Windows Registry Editor.

BTW, I just tried your hack on my Windows XP Professional and it doesnt seem to be working. Tell me one thing though, do I need to reboot my computer before the registry hack will start working? I know a program that can easily add this hack into my registry but I just wanna try out this hack to increase my knowledge.

Could an Admin or Moderator please remove the 2nd post? It was a mistake due to slow internet connection and browser timeout. Thanks.

Edited by odomike (see edit history)