xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
psp-playstation

window xp??? should not have been close

dear moderator sauron, u just closed the thread sayin that window xp was rubbish, actually, it is rubbish, 1st it is the most expensive os, 2nd, microsoft windows xp supports more than 10000000..... of virus types, while linux, which is free, only support 4, and that is why all the industries, u see, they never use windows xp, even though microsoft (i think)

Because linux isn't compatiable enough. Most business's use linux because they host servers and things like that work well enough on linux. Most hardcore gamers use windows or a combonation of the two. Both have strengths and weakness's.

Because linux isn't compatiable enough. Most business's use linux because they host servers and things like that work well enough on linux. Most hardcore gamers use windows or a combonation of the two. Both have strengths and weakness's.

ok ok I beleive you enough already ;)

well, it's time for another revolution. Like it or not, I don't think Windows would be as popular as now in 10 years. Developers are starting to see a light in Linux.xboxrulz

Arent you all being a little harsh? I mean, I cant actually verify that what you've said is true, but so what? I have an antivirus. And you have to admit that XP is better than the other windows OS's for its ease of use, for the everyday user (eg me). I mean, there are cons (damn you, faded yellow speech bubbles!) but hey, Im still continuing to use it! Edit: On second thoughts, the rate at which it crashes is alarming...What does Windows XP stand for anyway? I dont actually know :lol:

windows xp is garbage, the worst windows in history!the only windows that worth something is 98se, most stable of them all...linux has most secure servers, thats why goverments and big industries use it.his popularity grows with every day, and in 5-6 years, linux will owervelm the computer users....developers see good use in linux, so there is more and more compatabile progs every day!if you're thinking about changing to linux, dont think, DO IT!

dear moderator sauron, u just closed the thread sayin that window xp was rubbish, actually, it is rubbish, 1st it is the most expensive os, 2nd, microsoft windows xp supports more than 10000000..... of virus types, while linux, which is free, only support 4, and that is why all the industries, u see, they never use windows xp, even though microsoft (i think)

Which thread was it that I closed? And I doubt that I closed it simply on the grounds that someone said they didn't like Windows XP.
Also, if you want to tell me something directly, please private message me - although I do review just about every post that comes into Trap 17, it sometimes takes a while for me to read it.

Windows XP stands for eXPerience. All I experience is "need to update Windows, need to update Firewall, need to update antivirus, my Windows ate itself, Bill Gates is trying to track my every movement (feels like it), I have to spend $100 for an Office System, I need to be more protective on my network by placing another firewall in my router, my files are writable when remotely connected, encrypting and compressing files are not good to Windows... bla bla bla bla." This becomes very annoying. That's different with Linux, you don't need to update Linux's firewall seperately from the OS. You don't even need an Antivirus for linux. You don't need to spend $100 for an Office system, you have chmod function to lock writing from others. You don't need 2 firewalls to secure yourself. LINUX WILL NOT EAT ITSELF! (Unless you do it on purpose!) BILL GATES HAVE NO CONTROL OVER LINUX, THEREFORE IT WOULDN'T MAKE YOU FEEL LIKE BILL GATES IS WATCHING YOU.xboxrulz

Why would Bill Gates want to watch your computer? I mean he has billions of dollars, i doubt he'd be intrested in what your doing. XP may have it flaws, but if you actually keep everything up to date on it it will run fine. XP is a crap load better than anyother windows that i've used and as i said, linux isnt compatiable enough and i'd prefer to stay comptaible with my network.