xisto Community
htdefiant

Weight Loss

I'm a tad overweight. According to charts, I am the correct weight for my height - 6'2", 190 pounds. I certainly do have a stomach though. I am 16, and I play golf, not a very physically demanding sport. I go to school during the school year and do a lot of work on computers, which is obviously not calorie burning. Also, though when I think about working out, I am motivated in my head, once the alarm rings in the morning to get up, I tend to go back to sleep. I am motivated, but I don't execute. Any tips?

Get some good friends to help out, even let 'em sleep around your bed if need be. If you're really motivated they'll help you get out of bed and into a gym. My metabolism is huge so I've never seen it as a problem, but I know that if I did have it, my friends would force me to execute ^^

OK, here's what you do and it's gauranteed to get you in perfect shape: you run. Just start out with like 5 or 10 minutes jogging, then pick up speed a bit next time, then maybe add some time to it the next time. If you do this, not only will you get in shape, you'll get good at running so you could join Track or Cross Country at your school.

OK, here's what you do and it's gauranteed to get you in perfect shape: you run. Just start out with like 5 or 10 minutes jogging, then pick up speed a bit next time, then maybe add some time to it the next time. If you do this, not only will you get in shape, you'll get good at running so you could join Track or Cross Country at your school.

That's not a bad idea. The best way to get in shape is steady exercise and a goo ddiet. The running will help immensely. It keeps you healthy and it's something taht you can notice a difference in. It's also good to work out....even if it's light weights. Just getting some action going will definitely help keep pounds off.

First if some one smokes I don't recommend smoking, unless you want to die of cancer or heart disease.Pooing only once a week is a serious problem. You need more fiber in your diet to exercise your colon. You should poo about once a day and if you're not, then something is seriously wrong. Food high in fiber includes fruits and vegetables (the white stuff on oranges, the peelings on apples, pears, plums, cherries, and potatoes, and the seeds in strawberries). Almost all fruits and veggies are high in fiber. Some cereals that contain whole grain or oatmeal are high in fiber. Popcorn is high in fiber, granola bars are high in fiber, breads that are whole grain are high in fiber, seeds, esp. almonds have fiber. You should be getting 30-35 grams of fiber per day and if you are not, try to integrate more fiber into your diet on a daily basis, but do it VERY SLOWLY. If you don't, then you will have major problems pooing and I'm not kidding.As far as losing weight goes, you need to restrict your calories and watch what you eat and integrate more activity into your life. If you have access to a gym I would go there to work out. Start taking the stairs instead of the elevators when you go into buildings. Park your car further from your destination and walk more. Go for a walk after dinner instead of watching television. I would recommend buying a pedometer and I'm sure you can do a google search to locate where you can buy one or go into any sporting goods store and ask for a pedometer. They usually cost less than $20. You can wear the pedometer on your pants and it monitors how many steps a day you are taking. It counts the steps each time you move and it's a good way to monitor your physical activity. It can get addicting looking at your pedometer to try to increase your steps every day. If you don't lift weights, I would strongly recommend you begin doing so. Weight training is a great way to increase your metabolic rate at rest because you are increasing the volume of your muscle cells (hypertrophy) so you need more energy so you burn more fat, even at rest. I would start a weight training program and consistently do it 3 times a week at the very least.

Exactly, going to the loo properly means the health of a human being.That is what many people often forget.Also, with a lack of fibre (and hence constipation and the likes) you have a much greater chance of developing piles (haemhorrhoids), not a pleasant thing, I can assure you.Fortunately there are also additions you can buy, such as Fybogel (exists in orange and I believe apple flavour) and the bags of pure grain fibre.But iti is a well known fact that regular exercise also aids those things.Believe it or not, but the best "sport" is walking.If you walk for about 15 minutes, you have done as much as if you had had a 1 mile run.It is also a good way to start, if you (depending on what shape you are in) start with walking half an hour a day for a month (that is, if you are very overweight or in very bad shape), you are putting down the foundations for the further work.1) It will make a difference related to your fitness and it will improve your figure.2) It will get you ready for heavier activity, begin with (like someone mentioned earlier) a 5 or 10 minute jog and increase duration and speed gradually.It should also go without saying that you have to watch what you eat, as many people forget that, even if you exercise 24/7, you are not going to lose any weight at all if you do not reduce your calorie intake.

Edited by mrdee (see edit history)