xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
kvarnerexpress

How Often Does Music Make You Go Broke? Music in love

think the older you get, the more "dangerous" a music obsession can become. when I was younger and living at home I had no problem spending 100% of my money on music. I couldn't afford gas? No prob, I either took the bus or got a lift from my parents. I couldn't afford a Big Mac? So what? Mom and Dad bought my core meals anyways. Now that I'm on my own, with a mortgage to boot, i have to keep a keen eye on my music spending, but I still spend all that I can, plus 5%. Also, now I have to worry about feeding myself (and my cat) and paying the bills. The carefree days of spending all my money on music without any REAL repercussions are loooooong over. On a side note, I've promised myself I won't buy another CD until my cat is healthy again. I need the extra funds to pay the vet bills. I'm sure I can put my selfish obsession on hold for the good of my kitty...

I think you buy CD's to much. I listen to a single CD for many months, then I put it back. Few months later I listen to it again. I suggest to download music. You can download a lot of albums, listen to them and finally buy one CD this group, which you like the most.

Thats a rather unhealthy obsession, one i would also have (if i had money). I recomend you invest in a guitar and teach yourself the songs on your CD's or write some of your own, that way you'll be able to get more out of the music you have.Out of curiosity how many cds do you have?

I really haven't bought music in a long *bottom* time. I usually just go through the racks and see what bands I haven't dled and then go home and dl them. They are usually really old bands to. Not like old music, but they are bands that aren't that popular.

My tendency is to go on CD-purchasing binges...I'll get 3, 4, 5...10, 11, 12 CDs within a very short period of time (say, a week or so) and then I'll encounter somewhat of a drought. They don't take too big of a hit on my budget, but then again, my CD collection isn't enormously comprehensive...We'll see if it catches up to me one day. CD prices appear to have frozen at the moment (the RIAA can stop screwing us!), so it doesn't look like it'll happen anytime soon. Then again, there is adulthood ;)

Quite often actually!Sometimes I feel like listening to lots of music....like when I walk to uni etc.But not only that, we also spend on concerts and we see quite a few of musicals. :rolleyes:Also, of course, we pay for choir/orchestra memberships and music lessons!They are all very expensive, aren't they?