xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
TypoMage

Mac Classic Lost Password

Hello I need some help I forgot my password and I cannot get into my computer. I have a Macintosh 9.2.2 And I forgot my password I do not have the disk so I cannot reset my password that way. Is there any way? I know that in Xp you can push F8 but I tried this with the mac and it does not work (Obviously) So can someone please help me Thanks in advance.

I believe this method would help you recover your password

You can reset your password with the CD (or DVD) that came with your Mac, but if you don't have it, try this tip from Hackszine. Restart your machine while holding down the Command Key (or "Apple Key") and the "S" key. This will start your Mac up in "Single User Mode."
Now it's command line time.** Don't worry, it's just three lines:

* #sh /etc/rc
* #passwd yourusername
* #reboot

OR

You can try this method

Thanks for the Help Sm I will try the command thing. I thought I would never get into the computer again. I was looking everywhere for the answer to my question but only got help for Mac Osx Thanks again for the help.Oh man it did not work? I hold down the Apple key and the S while it is starting up and it does nothing. Once again I have a Mac 9.2.2 or just 9.2 and also is it me? Am I doing something wrong?

Edited by TypoMage (see edit history)

Yaa! I go it finally I was really bored and was going to try and guess my password and it was 1 yep someone changed my pass I do not know how they figured it out because my old password was 17 characters long!

Well I'm glad to hear you regained use of your computer, I just wanted to comment to any people who may be reading this thread that Saint Micheal's method only works on mac os X. Os 9 didn't even have a terminal to get to in the gui and you had to run the comp under root which was super annoying.