xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
unys

Learning To Cook Moroccan Food Coming from America to Morocco

Moroccan food is different then typical american food. I am trying to learn how to make cousous. There is an istant mix that can be bought at Walmart. Couscous can be made is 15 minutes just add water and your done. Next add vegetables and meat and the meal is ready to eat. The taste is not the same as found in Morocco. I dont know if cousous can be made in the states as it is in Morocco, I cant find it. I can only find the instant packages.

A girl in my class is from Morocco. Apparently the food there is really good, but according to her, it's hard to recreate the same tastes and flavors here in America. I'm not sure if this is because of American conditions (climate, environment, etc) or if the agricultural products grown in America have different qualities to them than the ones grown in Morocco. If you're trying to determine whether or not you like Moroccan food, I wouldn't base your judgement off of instant mixes purchased at Walmart.

Moroccan food is different then typical american food. I am trying to learn how to make cousous. There is an istant mix that can be bought at Walmart. Couscous can be made is 15 minutes just add water and your done. Next add vegetables and meat and the meal is ready to eat. The taste is not the same as found in Morocco. I dont know if cousous can be made in the states as it is in Morocco, I cant find it. I can only find the instant packages.

Hey,

if you would like to try cooking Moroccan food, check out my website, it has step-by-step Moroccan cooking videos with ingredients that you can find here in the US.
http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/
Hope you enjoy these Moroccan Recipes.
cheers :-)

Alia

i've personally never tried moroccan food. but now I think i'll go and give it a try. when I think about it i think there is a moroccan restaurant quite near me so i'll go and give it a shot. i might love it!

I think the cous cous should be steamed in case you want to make it the proper way. Also it is important to add the proper spices, and chick peas is good to make the meal more substantial.In sweden we have some kind of frozen tv dinner that is supposed to be Moroccan style. It is based on chicken and vegetables and raw rice and is called something like "Moroccan style orange chicken". It is rather good actally. I wish I had the recipe.