xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
9block

Sony Dw-g120a Dvd Rom Slow Read/write Speeds.

Right now, Im focused on the read speeds...AMD Athlon 1800+//768mb ram//9200 radeon @ 128mb//60GB IDE HDD//Windows XP Pro SP2I've ran Nero CD-DVD Speed and got 8x read speed for a disc that supports up to 40x... Considering my DVD-ROM also supports up to 40x for a CD-R... The drive reads the discs so slow, regular CD's skip. I have the latest firmware (MYS6). Any ideas on what would be happening?

Thats confusing. Only thing I could think of is the drive not receiving enough power to speed up the spin rate high enough. That may seem a little far out there, but possible I guess. What wattage power supply do you have?Drive may just be bad too, always an option. Not really a big deal these days, you can pick a new one up from Newegg for about 30 bucks with dual layer burning and such.

k well i checked my bios but i unno if thats any help; regardless here were my readingsVcore: 1.600vVcc 2.5v: 2.485vVcc 3.3v: 3.232vVcc 5.0v: 4.919v+12v: 12.416v-12v: -11.885vSB3V: 3.264vSB5V: 4.892vVoltage Battery: 3.264vNow how would i check my PS power and distribution?