xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
queenofkings

Proxies?

Hello I cannot access games or certain communitie based websites at work and want to knwo what i can do to access these sites. I cant search or access anything with the work proxy in it or websites with the title games. For ex: yahoo games (cant access) or myspace.com (cant access) I have tried so many websites but its blocked. The other thing i was thinking I could do was go through some kind of internal web browser where i connect to a legit website but it has an internal brower that will allow me to view whatever i want without it linking to that website which could cause the webpage to get blocked. Does anyone know what im tlaking about or a site like that???

In an attempt to educate people on proxy avoidance i post the following, however! I dont recommend trying it as it could lose you your job or result in other punishments as it were. So... there are three ways i know of, first is the easiest but normally blocked. There are many sites that have what you described as a browser, just google "proxy service" or similar and you will see a list of sites, also "anonymous surfing" would do the trick. Now on these sites you just enter the URL you wanna see and there it is. However normally whatever is blocking the game sites blocks these sites also. another method is to user your own internet browser. Generally using firefox will bypass most blocks in place as they are tuned for IE. the problems here are easy detection by the admins and its more serious as you are bringing in software to bypass security and this can be seen as very serious in some places.the last method i know of is to add a proxy to whatever browser they have there. This is done by searching on google for a list of web proxy services ip addresses. you then enter the ip address of choice into the proxy server setting of the browser. This isnt always possible as the admins can bock you from doing this.As i said i dont recommend any of these steps its just for education. If you do try any or all of these then i accept no responsibility for anything that happens.

how about a list of really good ones that work most of the time. i am at school right know but i need a list of proxies to test.

My school blocks a lot of sites and it blocks proxies after being used using some software called st. bernard. The best proxy that hasn't and I heard can't, be blocked is this one:

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

A friend said it was XML so it can't be blocked because the site keeps changing its IP address. I don't know if this is correct, but my school servers haven't been able to block it.

i tried the one you suggested and it didn't work. i need something that is commonly used and rarely fails. i search for some but i couldn't find any that would work. so if you know of any i would apreiciate it.