xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Lurk

DOOM 3!

Are you gonna buy doom 3?  

19 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

hatebreed, please do not post on warez, pirated software, or anything else illegal/unwanted. It can only bring trouble to Trap 17, which I'm sure none of us want.

ok, thnx for the warning, wont happen again :P

Todd Hollenshead, id's chief executive, said Doom 3 will require:- A 1.5-gigahertz Intel Pentium 4 chip or AMD Athlon 1500.- 384 megabytes of memory.- Two gigabytes of hard drive space.- An nVidia GeForce 3 graphics card or better; or an ATI Technologies 8500 or better.If your existing rig doesn't meet these specs, here's a guide to beefing it up to play Doom 3 in all its gory glory. If you're upgrading, look for at least 128 MB of video memory in a card with Direct X 9.0 capability that installs into an AGP slot. Cards in the $150 to $200 range - such as a GeForce 5900XT or a Radeon 9600XT - will be a sweet spot.

LMAO... who voted 'HELL NO!'?some people can really hate doom 3...  I saw an anti-doom3 site.

I voted 'HELL NO!'. Doom 3 is way over hyped because of it's graphics. None of the Doom games were very fun. They were very basic FPS with very basic multiplayer mode. Doom 3 is not going to be any different from the previous Doom's. Who cares if the graphics are great if the game is crap?

Maybe in a couple years when the price has gone down and I have a better computer. Even if it would run on my computer, I don't think I'd buy it right now. Too many other games to buy. Like Thief 2. :P

Edit:

i typically aren't allowed to have "m" games (besides halo :lol:  :P )

I'm lucky. I was watching my dad play Half-Life when I was around ten :P

Besides, it provides a convenient excuse if I become a mass-murderer someday :(

I actually dowloaded the demo. Couldn't even get through the first minute without it freezing my computer, which is not totally useless. It plays Call of Duty no trouble. Sick of spending $ 2000 in hardware every year to play the latest $ 50 game. Loved the first two, will play three probably in another 18 months as I slowly upgrade. It won't be $ 50 then either, but more affordable.And I LOVE FPS, screw multiplayer...

I AM in fact eagerly awaiting Half Life 2, which is said to play well on DX6 compatible hardware (though you won't get al the "goodies", ofcourse)Doom isn't half the game HL was, though the first edition of Doom was no doubt groundbreaking.