xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
elaks

The First Job You Did After University? Just wondering.

I was just wondering what the first job you did after University was? I have lot's of people on one side saying I should get a job that pays the best with the smallest amount of work; however oters are saying I should get a job that ties into my hobbies and aspirations such as workign at an internet cafe. Of course I don't particularly have an aspiration for my future job- I definately want something in the business sector (Banking, Media), but I want to learn more about other people's jobs and their thoughts on them to give myself an idea of what's on offer. Thanks. :D

i recently graduated (last april to be exact) from college with a degree in computer science. right now i'm currently jobless, and still struggling to look for jobs. it's kinda tough really and will all the turned down applications i've had, it's kinda getting into me and is a bit disheartening.i took a one-week work in our university, as a registration assistant. i assisted incoming freshmen with their subjects and gave them tips with the whole university life. it was quite fun giving advices to the novice, wishing them a great life ahead and all that stuff. too bad it was just for a week.then i took a problogging job for about a month. i recently quit it because it was a bit difficult and i couldn't get myself into a working habit. plus, i was a bit guilty because i was giving out advices that i wasn't doing myself. i am more of a "practice what you preach" kind of a person so it gave me a weird feeling.all i could say is go for what you really want and what would make you happy. i know i shouldn't be saying that, since i still have to find some jobs for me, but i could do that as well, right? :P good luck to the both of us :D