xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
BuffaloHelp

Business Forum Suggestions

We're starting a new chapter in Xisto history. And with this new chapter Xisto would like to launch a true Business Talk Forum where we can benefit from each other's experiences and exchange advices.The following sub-sections are in questioning. If you have any suggestions please file them below:Banking, Bankruptcy & Debt, Credit, Grants, Insurance, Investing, Mortgages, Other (Money & Services), Philanthropy & Charity, Private Investigations, Real Estate, Retirement, Taxes, Venture Capital Accounting, Administrative & Clerical Support, Business Plans, Business School, Careers, Communication, Customer Service, Economics, Entertainment, Ethics, Finance, Fund-Raising, Home-Based Business, Human Resources, Industrial Products & Services, International Business, Internet Business, Internships, Interview Questions, Investment Banking, Job Hunting, Job Training, Labor Unions, ManagementAccounting, Administrative & Clerical Support, Business Plans, Business School, Careers, Communication, Customer Service, Economics, Entertainment, Ethics, Finance, Fund-Raising, Home-Based Business, Human Resources, Industrial Products & Services, International Business, Internet Business, Internships, Interview QuestionsInvestment Banking, Job Hunting, Job Training, Labor Unions, Management, Marketing, Office Management, Office Politics, Other (Business & Careers), Payroll, Purchasing, Quality Control, Resumes, Sales, Small Business, Technical Writing, Universities & Colleges, Workplace Relationships

Hello:All of those categories are really quite substantial themselves. But as you suggest, it will be driven by members and particular interests. Perhaps they can be streamlined. There are many and to look at the list more closely there may be some natural groupings. Perhaps a way to jump start this and a natural extension of what you do is to host online web casts or teleseminars on these topics for existing members and to attract new ones. You certainly have the technology at your disposal. I participate in them frequently and absolutely love the convenience and learning.Even what you do here at the forums to have people earn points (or purchase points) for their hosting accounts is unique. Is that commonly done? I logged back on tonight to share that I have just spent two days trying to upload an optimized word press blog tool. Even though it was frustrating, I persisted and finally succeeded. Because of WSYWIG programs, I have not had to use FTP for many, many years. Nor have I had the pleasure of experiencing cPanel, modifying an SQL database - and how do you PHP?Technology is a wonderful thing, but do some advances risk making all but the tech savvy less able to figure things out on our own? Outsourcing is highly recommended for even small and growing businesses, but what exactly is the cost for a home-based business owner? We are in search efficiencies and magic formulas to help us earn big so we can buy fancy things, but what happened to the joy of the process of getting to our success? Now there's a topic for you. That is an example of the type of business discussion I enjoy. These are just my random thoughts after the great learning experience I have just had. Sure it took two days, but the stories I have to tell are priceless! This is my first day with Xisto so I know those kinds of connections will happen. I hesitated to post to other categories because many of them have not been visited for some time. So, that told me that the discussion was not lively. Perhaps the Shout box is where the dynamic discussion happens? I must try it next time.Okay, I'll stop now! I'll be back again soon. It's still the same day in my US time zone, my goal was to get three posts in today!Thanks for your innovative forum and service. SpaMimi

i think the business forum is pretty good at the moment. i've learnt a lot from it and hopefully some people have learnt from me. all it needs is just more topics and a more open view. business is a huge topic just like science. there are shops, restaurants, online business (which include: hosting, search engines, email etc), labor business like builders, caretakers. it is just huge the possibilities of this forum. what we need is organisation. you might try classifying and splitting the business forum into sections if it gets really big. just like the internet forum and computer forum.

Perhaps an approximate date for when these categories are going to be implemented would help some people out :)