xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
icedragn

Dvd V.s. Blu-ray

Which will win, DVD or Blu-Ray?  

7 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

What do you guys think, will DVD pick up its socks or will Blu-Ray take over? In my opinion since the aptly named Blu-Ray uses the new blue laser technology allowing it a finer beem and data to then be packed more, You can have 27GB Single Layer Dics's as compared to the 4gb DVD or 54gb Dual-layer as opposed to the 8gb dvd, so far it looks like it will CRUSH the compentition and if anyones wondering, yes it will be backwards compatible with redlaser discs such as CD's or DVD's. More to come tho and if you want mor info, do a google search on "Blu-Ray".

Well I deleted your other one for you. So don't fret :DI have never heard of blu ray and I don't think I will change.....I'll stick with my DVD player.... :DWe have about 5....even though I only live with my mum. I've broken about 2 and she's broken 1 of them.... :D What so can it use normal DVDs ? and whats the avergae price for one ?? Oh and is it Multi Region ? Because I need a multi region one for my bedroom.

thanks becca :D , members should really have the option to delete their posts :D , i wasnt spammin :D . Ne ways, i overlooked the fact that it isnt vs normal DVD, its HD DVD which is 25gb, and since dvd is the standard, i think im changing my mind to dvd :D just got a dvd burner, i dont wanna shell out another 200+ if blu-ray hits :D**Edit, multi region? Blu-Ray is a format, like DVD or CD, the regions are up to the companies and i dunno if they will remove them, even tho its easy to change regions on comps, but it was put in place to prevent the movie being distributed all over, like if it is released few months earlier in europe, they dont want it to be playable in the states :D

umm, sorry to dissapoint you but HD-DVD is not gonna be compatible with the DVD we use today.Both formats use a thinner laser beam (its supposed to be blue coloured, hence Sony called their format BluRay) and if manufacturers don't adapt two lasers in one drive we all have to change our burners and readers etc.Basically the situation is that half the manufacturers went for Blu-Ray and half for HD-DVD. Movies are gonna come out on HD-DVD while the next Playstation is going to support BluRay. It may even come to that some manufacturer makes a drive which supports both... time will tell.

I think the finer lazer technology will take hold.. .mainly because it is freak'n sweet, and you can fit a lot of junk on one disk. Whether its "blue-ray" or HD-dvd i dont know... But it will come around here. And suposedly pretty soon. I assume thats why all the dual layer dvd drives just droped prices like crazy lately. :D

Blue ray is the coolest thing ive ever heard of and taht will definetly beat anything. As long as it is not too expensive I will probaly use it. I still dont have a DVD burner so... I'll just get Blue Ray as soon as it comes out. I can probaly fit all of my harddrive on one of those.

yeah i dont know much about blu-ray but i think it will be a hit in the near future. to learn more go to http://www.blu-ray.com/ - it has a bit of information on them. some hold 25 GB, others hold 50 GB and i heard rumors about 100GB... 100GB on a DISK... thats insane if u ask me. have they been released to the public yet tho? i havent really heard anything about that