xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
AndrewM

Change The Colour Of An Eye Tutorial Less effective way, but still works well :)

OK, I am going to show you how to make these:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

OK then, lets get started!

Now, there may be an easier way to do this but i haven't found out yet so, if people know how to, please let me know in a post and I will add it to the tut to make it easier. Once you have your image open, go to; Image>Mode>Grayscale. This will make the eye all grey for that effect that we are looking for in the final image. When that is done, save the image as .psd as it has better quality.

Posted Image

When this is done, open the saved image but, go to Image>Mode>RGB Colour so that you can use colour on the image.

Now, finally to work!. Firstly, make a new layer by pressing CTRL+SHIFT+N. Once that is done, get out your Polygannol Lasso Tool by looking at the following image:

Posted Image

You have to hold down your mouse button to get it up.

Once this is done, zoom in as it is much easier, draw around the pupil.

Posted Image

Now, the last bit. Pick a colour that you want the eye to be, use your paintbucket tool and colour the inside bit of the eye that we have traced around. Set the layer to either:

Overlay

Sof Light

Hard Light

Darken

Multiply

It depends on what colour that you choose. Now, you are finished! you may add anything else that you would like to it but I just left mine basic.

here is my outcome:

Posted Image

Here is an other outcome:

Posted Image

Anyway, I hope that you all enjoyed this and post your C&C and also your outcomes! :D Any problems, also state in your post

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Very Nice, those are some stunning outcomes :D

I have to say that I have tried this before, but y'know.. the hardest part was getting a decent photo of the eye! - Using a SLR is extremely tricky, you even need to guess and rely on the autofocus. Of course, you have to look through the viewfinder, not a large LCD that can be seen in a mirror :P - In fact I actually gave up. (oh and since an SLR is a large camera, you can't see round it in the mirror with the other eye!!!

Thanks very much dude :D glad you like it. Yeah, it does have some cool effects on it, i must admit. but, there is an easier way of doing it, I just prefer this way lol