xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
AndrewM

Adding Shine To Text images say Tiger Ads, but, the board is clsed, so, im r

OK, in this tut, I am going to show you how to add shine to any text. For this example I will be using the TigerAds affiliate button.

(the board is since closed so, I'm not really advertising :D)

Posted Image

OK then, lets get started!

1. Open up the image that you will be using, this is mine:

Posted Image

2. Now that your image is open and making sure that its the .psd so you can edit the text on it. In your layers menu, hold down CTRL and click on the text layer so that only the text is selected.

Posted Image

Once done right, your text should have all those dotted lines around it. If so, you got it right like so:

Posted Image

Once it is all selected, make sure to make a new layer.

3. Now that we have this done and making sure that we are working on our new layer, get out your paintbucket tool making sure that it is set to white or #FFFFFF. Simply fill in the text in white. Like so:

Posted Image

Your whole text should now be coloured in white.

4. Now, we are going to add in the shine and vut away some of the white. Get out your Rectangular Marquee Tool located here:

Posted Image

Once selested, drag it over part of the white text layer, about halfway or so. Once thats done, hit Delete. You should now have about half of the white text now like so:

Posted Image

5. This is the last tep to give it that "shine". Right click on the layer with the half white text on it and select "Blending Options". All you do is adjust the opacity so that it is faded and gives a nice look to it.

Now, your done!

Posted Image

If you find any problems with the tut, please, let me know.

So yeah, I hope that you all enjoyed this, and, if you do use it, lets see your outcomes :P

wat program u use?

Adding Shine To Text

Wats the program you use for this? and one of the images (the second last one) doesnt work (the one showing half it shining)

-reply by miikerocks

well duh , he is obviously using adobe phkotoshop, and the secon image isnt glowing because thats the way it is before the effect is made. is it just me or .....

wat program u use?

Adding Shine To Text

Wats the program you use for this? and one of the images (the second last one) doesnt work (the one showing half it shining)

-reply by miikerocks

He is using AdobeŽ Photoshop (CS3 i suppose) on WindowsŽ Vista . ^_^  And the second last one isn't done yet, because as it says

Right click on the layer with the half white text on it and select "Blending Options". All you do is adjust the opacity so that it is faded and gives a nice look to it.

:lol:

Nice tutorial, though, I find to give it a "smoother" finish, add a layer after that set at around 20-30% opacity and apply lighting effects and have a light point down, that should give it a nice finish...