xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
BuffaloHelp

Firefox 3.0 Alpha6 Rc2 And Alpha7 Pre testing alpha versions of Firefox

Hello Xisto members, especially Firefox lovers and advocators! :D

While testing the buoyancy of my personal toy (my boat) I ran into the land called, Canada. There, I had to scavenge for some ration to keep up with my day to day activities. Surprisingly, the land called Canada was hospitable and plentiful in many diverse and exotic things. So I brought back some to share with my Xisto community. Ha ha...

Now that you've read the excitement in my words, I'd like to present few things. The following programs are not guaranteed by Xisto or me. They are publicly available downloads but it's hard to find. I am merely making it accessible and make no claims that they are stable, fully supported working versions. The zipped files are for Windows OS platform, Linux and Mac. The original files were not modified or renamed, only the zipped file names were changed. They are presented as they are when I received from the Firefox source.

Firefox 3.0 Alpha 6 RC2 version is available in Windows, Mac and Linux versions

firefox_3.0a6.en_US.win32.installer.zip

Posted Image off site download (18.8 mb)

firefox_3.0a6_linux.zip

Firefox 3.0 Alpha 7 PRE version is available in Windows and Linux versions

firefox_3.0a7pre_win32.zip

firefox_3.0a7pre_linux.zip

Test it out if you want. Alpha 7 PRE was reported to be in poor success rate as many testers noted that it crashed during the startup (of Firefox, not Windows).

Happy testing.

All I need to do now is figure out the new CSS3 selectors and then I can see if it renders them as properly as I would like them to, and give feedback to the developers if it isnt intentional to make the web page render that way. Chances are I won't be using much CSS3 anyways, though, and I don't know if I'll ever find any of the other web standards useful for my simple websites that I make.

Well I am a bit surprised that they release two versions of FireFox 3 like that, although the final release of the browser is supposed to be coming out soon. This time though I be waiting out the Firefox 3 until most of the add-on's, plug-ins are coded for this version. OF course that really surprised me a bit that most of them haven't already been upgraded to the new browser yet, but what can I say, people want a stable version before coding all these tools.

Mozilla Firefox 3 is focused on improved memory handling, performance, and stability, improved XUL, and new core components such as application data stored in SQLite. Mozilla Firefox 3 could break a few existing extensions and applications built on top of Firefox, and it will definitely include new optimizations if you like to build on the popular browser. Mozilla Firefox 3 should have additional JavaScript and SVG features if you're into that sort of thing

Download From Here

Notice from jlhaslip:
Merged with existing Topic.

Please use the Search feature and browse the related Forums before posting information.

Thanks.

Notice from Plenoptic:
ALL content copied from another source must be Quoted. Please review the Xisto ReadMe to learn the rules and guidelines of this forum.

Copied from http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/