xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
TikiPrincess

Tutorial Subforums

I was weeding through the tutorials trying to find more CSS stuff, and I was just wondering if we could group the tutorials by content. I think there are 11+ pages of tutorials, and it would really save time if they were categorized. Since mods have to review the tutorials anyways, they can also make sure that the tutorials are placed in the correct category.

well i haven't submitted a tutorial of my own, but i agree with this one. since tutorials mostly composed of programming, web designing, graphics design, etc. it would help people put their tutorials on the right place and for others to see it easily.

I understand what you mean... we are just filled with tutorials but not a good way to search them effectively. This is another reason why topic titles are important. Keywords must be present when naming a topic.I have created dedicated CSS section a while ago under Programming (it's not intuitive, I know) but since it's more of Programming side than just an orphaned tutorial, I thought it would serve best there.You may request for CSS tutorial or help by posting under CSS section.Thank you.

I think tutorial subsections would be really helpful too. Like at Xisto they have tutorial subsections and it's easy to find what you want, but in the tutorial section here it's hard to find the type of tutorial you are looking for.

I looked through the CSS subforum under programming before I looked under tutorials, but more often than not, they were specific problems that users were having with scripting their CSS. So I wandered over to the tutorials. The problem is that I can't search the forum for CSS. I get an error saying that there are too few characters or an invalid entry. I think it would be efficient and effective to categorize the tutorials especially since the search parameters don't allow us to search for programming languages like HTML, CSS, or PHP.