xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
sheepdog

Rabbits, Weed Seeds And ?

This summer I have have been feeding my rabbits a lot of greens. Mostly noxious weeds, they love minors lettuce, and wild chicory, even begger lice plants. They will eat stick tight plants too, but they aren't crazy about burdock and won't even touch polk. I feed them an abundant supply, and try to include at least 3 different plants, and then the next day I take out the old uneaten stuff and put in fresh. The old stuff is mostly big stems, but there is some times some plant tops. I throw it under the cages so it gets well covered in manure. My question is, will any seeds from the leftovers survive rotting in the manure and sprout? I usually put the straight rabbit manure right in my flower beds. I know I could compost it and heat it up and kill them, but lordy, that is just too much work! I'd have to shovel all that stuff twice (or more if I have to turn the compost pile) and I just don't have the time or energy.