xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
shadowx

Unexploded Car Bomb In London! 29th June

So today the 29th and London is targeted again, just under a year from last time. This time it was a carbomb, there is conflicting news coming through, the radio said the device was found by police who saw a car driving erratically and the internet, BBC News, says an ambulance discovered the car thinking there was smoke coming from it which is now suspected to be petrol vapours.

The basic setup was lts and lots of petrol with gas canisters and nails for good measure. I suspect it might not have been that effective as a bomb as petrol itself is not that explosive, instead its the vapours that explode, the liquid burns slowly as the vapour comes off and is burned producing flames. The gas however would explode.. So far they havent said who is to blame but i dont think it is the famed Al Qaeda, unfortunately they are a lot more "professional" than what this device seems to be. I think its a spoof organisation that will try to claim its powerful.

It was found at half past midnight which is just an hour or so from the time the club it was outside would have kicked out its folks. If that device had gone off at that time i dread to think the amount of people who would've been hurt or killed. i dont think it would be very explosive but with 6O litres of petrol it wouldve been very hot!

Later on in the morning about 6:3OAM a suspicious car was checked near park lane as a large area was shut off, but as i understand it this car was not wired up to anything and was innocent. Needless to say it caused disruption with abut 15 major bus routes in London being diverted, 15 isnt a huge number but at rush hour when everyone needs to get to work 15 whole bus services being affected is pretty bad! I think things are getting back to normal now and im glad that generally Londoners recover well from scares like these.

I suspect there are many people who are very worried about this, and to them i say dont show your fear. A terrorist's strongest weapon is terror. Be very vigilant, no matter what country you are in but dont panic!

Im very proud of the English police for a change, some reports say that one officer disconnected a mobile phone which otherwise could have detonated the car killing many. Either way the police have managed to avert a big big disaster.

We have yet to see if there will be more attacks, i think there will as this one was foiled and they're not going to be very happy, but i dnt think it will be for a while now. Though i dont expect the Olympics to be fear free, nor the July 7th anniversary.

Remember to stay vigilant and report anything suspicious to the police, together the world can reduce terrorism!

EDIT: It appears that there was a second bomb as reported by the telegraph: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ Although the BBC did not report the second device. Im not sure which to believe but either way neither device went off thankfully, especially considering this second car was towed to a car pound which would have certainly meant it was led through the busy streets of London! Yikes!

Edited by shadowx (see edit history)

Its sad that some might resort to such tactics because they feel it is the right thing to do. Iam a muslim, and iam discusted to know that people claiming to be Jihadists do such things. Such attacks have no relation to Islam, i hope british people know that cuz muslims are suffering enough in the west due to the so called war on terror thing. Its a good thing it was caught before it exploded :)