xisto Community
IvoMan

What Would Like In A Webhost? More Space, More Bandwidth, Uptime....

Thought this may give the owners of this site an idea of what people want in a Webhost.Share with everyone what you would like to see a Webhost offer, it can be anything (but sensible)

I believe 'the owners' have so many requests for 'something' that they already know what people want. And i don't think this post will change anything on Xisto, because it's hard to say what they don't have - it's up to you how you use it!

But to be precise, and answer your question - uptime is the most important, because what's the use of bandwith or huge amount of space, when the server is down?

The second is the contact between the administrators and the users (i may not be hosted, but i see that there is something like this, because all the people get e-mails about some changes or etc.). It's important that users should know what's going on with the service.

I agree with 'michaleq'. I think that contact between the hosters and the people being 'hosted' is key. Without that, everything else is useless. However, if thats allready present. I would say that first off space is most importent, and then bandwith would be second most importent. Then, for me, i would say that the amount of email addresses available would be really good aswell. I would love it if this free hosting would give you unlimited email addresses aswell. What does every one else think??

i don't really like the fact that you have to post in order to get ftp hosting :rolleyes: but whatever i'm still trying because.....................................um oh yeah the service sounds really good, but until i know how good the service is, i just have to keep posting... :)

First thing I look at is cost. Then, if it has all the features I need/want (PHP, MySQL, etc...). I prefer webbased e-mail and both browser and FTP upload access. No ads are a must unless it's a completely free host. It should have 99% uptime. If it has a good amount of space and bandwidth. And if I'm still considering it after weighing its features, I check the reviews at a few sites to make sure it does have good uptime and support and such. Then, I look at a few others and compare and pick one with the other few as backups.

Gotta have the features :rolleyes: PHP/MySQL is a big must. A reasonable ammount of space and bandwidth - don't need anything huge here. That's about all I can ask for, although I must say I hate advertisements on free hosts. :)

The most important thing on a web hosting is comunication betwen the users and administrators (like michaeleg has said). But just remember, we can never be unhappy with services given by free hostings... I mean, their are FREE, and we can't demand nothing from them... But, happily, we have Xisto, which is free and have very good features =]