xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
khalilo

Mysql administration

Using your MySQL administration tool that your web host has, check to see if the table was created correctly. Afterwards, try creating a few of your own tables to be sure that you have gotten the hang of it.

Where is the MySQL administration tool on Xisto O_o, i can't find it.

CPANEL -> MYSQL.For administration, use PHPmyAdmin @ CPANEL -> MySQL Databases -> PHPmyADMIN

One thing i had an issue with is understanding how to create users and databases, to do this use the tool "Mysql Databases" in cpanel. For any table/data entry/deleting etcetera use the phpmyadmin tool in cpanel. Note that from phpmyadmin you cant create new databases or users, only new tables and edit the data in the table.

Well you would just click on databases are if you want you can click on your phpMyAdmin and type inCREATE DATABASE 'dbname';Just replace dbname with the database you desire and it should work depending on how trap 17 has installed there mysql and phpmyadmin

<?phpmysql_connect("localhost", "admin", "1admin") or die(mysql_error());mysql_select_db("test") or die(mysql_error());mysql_query("CREATE TABLE users(id INT NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT, PRIMARY KEY(id), name VARCHAR(30),  age INT)") or die(mysql_error());  echo "Table Created!";?>

Where do i put this in mysql administration? and is there anything wrong with it?
P.S.: I got it from a friend so i doubt he'd sue me for copy rights :)

dont sweat it I couldnt find it either. Im used to creating and managing the database in phpAdmin and i didnt want to ask where to set up a database because I felt like a noob. Luckily i realized after i read this post, that beside phpAdmin is a MYSQL Database link... hehe so I'm all good now. :D