xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
velma

Name A Trick That Your Pet Does That You Find Unique/funny

I have a 5 Year old Bandog, (mother was bullmastiff - father was American Pitbull Terrier) that interprets whole sentences. I can tell him to speak if he wants "_______" and he will speak. He also eats cows and horses. Lol. No I'm just joking but he did swing from a horses neck one time and once he decided beef was for dinner and broke the log chain he was on to cross the fence and chew on one of my dads 600 lb cows. Just imagine. He is 118 lbs. with a head so big he can put a whole BASKETBALL in his mouth. No joke. And it won't even have teeth marks or be flat when he's done. But boy, he will be sure to leave plenty of slobber on the ball for whoever wants to challenge him to a game of Horse. Lol.

One of the dogs climbs stepladders if you put one of her toys up top. Oh, and she can get down with some semblance of grace, too, which in my mind is even more impressive than climbing up there in the first place.That's the same dog who will carry around a toy - usually a ball of some sort - forever and a day. She'll drop it at your feet when she wants you to throw it. If you don't throw it, she basically whacks your knee with her paw.But she REALLY likes to play baseball. You get her ball and go to the baseball field (in our side yard). She goes out to center field and waits for you to hit her a grounder so that she can snatch it up. Then she brings it to home plate so you can hit it again. :P

I don't know if I'd call it a "trick" or anything, but is sure is irritating: The cat you see as my avatar is called "Nigel" which is based upon the Latin for "black". Clever, huh? Anyway ever since I met him in Nebraska he's always been an early riser and he'd yell at me, get up on the table (in the motel where I met him) and knock absolutely everything off, and yell some more for me to get out of bed, sometimes before 5am, and let him out. I even threw him across the room a few times because he liked to lick my nose until it bothered me enough to give him attention. Didn't even phase him. He'd land on the floor and with the next step he'd leap back up on the bed. More recently he's taken up the irritating habit of snagging my nostril with a claw while I'm sleeping on my side and pull me toward him. Now I don't know how many of you have had a sharp claw in your nostril, but, let me tell ya, it'll wake you up in the morning and get your attention! He'll roll me entirely over with that claw of his then hop up on my chest and proceed to gently bite my nose, just for good measure. My wife thinks it's almost the funniest thing he does, but it gets better: He loves to take showers with us. We've got a large shower room that has a built-in bench and two showers. He'll jump on in and yell at me until I let water run down my arm and onto him so he can lap it up. Toward the end of the shower, after I've cleaned myself and he's pretty well soaked, I'll actually pick him up and hold him on my horizontal arm next to my chest and put most of his body into the stream of water. He complains but makes no move, usually, to jump off. He'll just sit there and try and lap up more water all the while being drenched head to tail.

Very Funny Watermonkey. :) My cat Tigra (Thundercat) used to do something similar... He would wake me up in the morning by nibbling on my forehead.. If I did not wake up then he would gently grab my face with his claws and then lick my lips until I woke up.I found extremely hilarious for it would make me smile no matter what.. Good to know that your cats loves water.. Tigra too loved water.. :DWe had this huge 6 feet long metal tub that we would leave in the yard in the summer. Once I filled it with water and jumped in.... Tigra spent the first 20 minutes watching me splashing around and then later decided to sit in a tiny puddle.. Seeing that he was not scared I lifted him and jumped in the water with him... And he swam in the water and when I tried lifting him out of the water he held on the side of the Tub refusing to come out :P He had this habit till he died :P He used to accompany me when I used to bathe.. He would sometimes jump in the shower with me but most of the times he would sit on my clothes while I took a bath....My other cat Achilles has this habit of following me inside the bathroom. He loves licking the water off my feet :D.. Recently I shifted out of my place to live with a friend... My cats missed me so much that when I came to spend the weekend at my parents, they refused to leave my side even for a moment.. They kept howling when I went to change my clothes and to think I was gone for hardly a few minutes....Our youngest family member "Muffin" is a brat thanks to my dad so she does not like to be ignored even for a minute... When I went to my parents the cats had curled up next to me, For some reason I had gotten up in the middle of the night Achilles was sleeping next to me I bent over and kissed him, the instant I had done this Muffin came over and started nudging him so that she could sleep in his place.. The poor guy just moved and slept on my other side where his sister was.....

Haha, I've never seen a dog sleep like that, very unique. And that is also very unique that a bird releases itself on your head khalilo. I have a dog named Coco and the only tricks she can do are sit, lay, and crawl I like to make her crawl though because she looks like a poor beggar, and of course I reward her with food. I also have two cats, both Farrel (we caught them in traps outdoors). One of these cats, named Midnight, lets us pet her, however, she is still very skiddish, The other cat, Cupcake, is Midnight's mother, and won't get near anyone in the family, she hides all day and runs when we get too close.