xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Galahad

Save Internet Radio! Exactly as the topic title says, save internet radio...

Internet radio broadcasters are in immediate danger! I have been following this issue for some time, hoping it wouldn't become so serius, and that logic will prevail... But, as always, money weighs much more, than common sense, and common good...

Copyright Royalty Board (CRB) has inroduced new royalty fees, that internet broadcasters must pay. These new rates will kill all small broadcasters, leaving only mainstream broadcasters in function. Visit http://www.savethestreams.org/ to see how you can help with this issue...

I'm a devoted fan of Digitally Imported radio (http://www.di.fm/upgrade-browser), and they are also threatened buy these new prices...

This is my personal appeal to all of you living in the USA, to call your Congressmen, and tell tem to support Internet Radio Equality Act S. 1353 in the Senate, and H.R. 2060 in the House!

Today is the Day Of Silence, as the bradcasters call it, the day when all the internet broadcasting shows are halted, and no shows can be heard... This is their way of silent protest...

I appologize in advance, if this topic is out of it's place, and if in violation of the rules, I will ask the moderators to move it to appropriate section, or remove it completely...

Internet radio broadcasters are in immediate danger! I have been following this issue for some time, hoping it wouldn't become so serius, and that logic will prevail... But, as always, money weighs much more, than common sense, and common good...

I'm a devoted fan of Digitally Imported radio (http://www.di.fm/), and they are also threatened buy these new prices...

This is my personal appeal to all of you living in the USA, to call your Congressmen, and tell tem to support Internet Radio Equality Act S. 1353 in the Senate, and H.R. 2060 in the House!

Today is the Day Of Silence, as the bradcasters call it, the day when all the internet broadcasting shows are halted, and no shows can be heard... This is their way of silent protest...

I appologize in advance, if this topic is out of it's place, and if in violation of the rules, I will ask the moderators to move it to appropriate section, or remove it completely...

I totally agree with every thing the previous poster said. We need to get as active as we can to save Internet Radio. Call a congressperson TODAY.

I love my Pandora, and cannot think about all the great music I'd be missing out on if t were to disappear all together.

To put my two cents worth in, I think the RIIA should embrace Internet Radio. Its one of the most effective ways to introduce new and unique artists, ones that may not be able to get played on terrestrial radio.

Just my two cents worth, but I needed to say it!

And before it disappears all together check out Pandora. It's Music Genome may hype you to stuff you've never thought of listening to before.

Many commercial stations broadcast on the internet, but yes have to agree with the internet-only broadcasters that they still need to stick around to show new artists and the like.