xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Dangerman_1973

Favorite Looney Tunes Movie Space Jam of Back in Action

I am a fan of the Looney Tunes franchise since I was a kid. They are so popular that they spawn two half-live action movies, Space Jam (1996) and Looney Tunes: Back in Action (2003).Space Jam is a wacko kid-friendly film that stars now-retired NBA superstar Michael Jordan. It was a awkward movie experience for me when I first saw it in theaters. The lovey-dove R&B songs mixed in with the Looney Tunes material are way too inappropriate, and I can?t stand Bugs & Co. play basketball. It was lame as horsecrap. And I don?t get that the fact they introduce a ?new? Looney Tune named Lola Bunny, who is only good with a ball rather than her other attributes. And why is Bugs falling in love with her? He?s not the leading man-type as evident in his shorts. Aside from the Bill Murray cameo and the Pulp Fiction parody, this film is a bad movie trip and an embarrassment to the Looney Tunes legend.Looney Tunes: Back in Action in the other hand is a movie that does the franchise justice, although it unfortunately bombed at the box office. It fleshed out Bugs and Daffy as part of the main characters in a zany search of the mysterious Blue Diamond. I especially like the way the film treats Daffy Duck in a respectable light; returning his Bruce Clampett energy and make you sympathize with him through his trails. And with a great cast in Brendan Fraser, Jenna Elfman, former Bond and Hot Fuzz supporting star Timothy Dalton and ex-SNL great Steve Martin as the evil head of the ACME corporation, and excellent direction from Joe Dante, you have a winner. Unfortunately, bad advertising and marketing along with releasing the flick one week after The Matrix: Revolutions killed the film. I suggest either buying it or renting it on DVD.NOTE: Back in action was the final feature film for famed composer Jerry Goldsmith before his untimely passing.So, which of the two are your favorite Looney Tunes movies? Space Jam or Looney Tunes: Back in Action? Your comments.

Edited by Dangerman_1973 (see edit history)