xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
penno195

Help! I Deleted All My Files!

Hi guys, i got hosted yesterday and i loged on to my file manager and deleted all the files in there i replaced them with my site including the index.htm page and now when i try to view it it says no page found!!! i dont no why this is as with my site when i payed for hosting from one.net it was as simple as using the run program and typing in mt ftp:\\ account copy the index.htm file and i was up and running! Can anyone help with what i have done wrong please thank you. :)

Notice from truefusion:
Changed topic title... Surely you can pick better words... Don't do it again.

Can anyone help with what i have done wrong please thank you.

What you did wrong was delete all your files... The only file you were supposed to replace/delete was the index.htm(l) file. Other users have done this before—assuming it is the same files. It was suggested to them to cancel their hosting and re-apply.

What you did wrong was delete all your files... The only file you were supposed to replace/delete was the index.htm(l) file. Other users have done this before?assuming it is the same files. It was suggested to them to cancel their hosting and re-apply.

cant you re upload it? like if somebody sends you the defualt files, then you re upload it? couldnt that work? because it woul be a pain to re apply.. i can send you my files? but they are probably different, because i have emails set up, so i guess that is not the best idea.. hmm

If I were you I'd pm opaque and see what he can do for you. He seems very helpfull! :) He'll probably come up with a better solution than any of the members can.

Truefusion is correct, penno195 has to cancel the account and reapply and no you can't copy a hosted members files to another one since those files are account specific and could make hosted account even more messed up such as it is. Contact support@xisto.com and give them the url to your site cpanel info and tell them you deleted all the files and need to cancel your account and restart it again.

because it woul be a pain to re apply..

I'm quite sure it's more stressful on the server than the hosted member. But this all could have been avoided. Actions do have consequences.