xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
nol

So You Wanna Play Runescape? [tut]

This tutorial will help you, in starting your own character on runescape, and starting. It will also discuss the finer details of money making in runescape, which i have found to be the best. Comming from a level 91 (with almost 2-3 level 99 skills) runescape is not hard at all.

~~TABLE OF CONTENTS~~
1. Starting your first account
2. Getting through your first days on your account
3. Advanced Details
4. Getting Money

1. Starting your first account

Creating your first account, is the hardest account to pull away from. If you first start it, make sure its good, make sure its a great name, because chances are, you'll hate the name a couple months later, and will be mad, because you got so much work on it, and you don't want to waste it. So make a great name. Next, once you get through tutorial island, you will come to the mainland. Once your on the mainland, you will need to think of a couple things. Here are some basic questions to ask yourself.

Do you want to be a powerful melee based account?
Do you wanna be a all around powerful account?
Do you wanna be a powerful mage?
Do you wanna be a powerful ranger?
Do you wanna be a skiller?

you must answer one of these questions, as this is the base of what you need. If you want to be a melee based account, you'll be a GREAT staker, and or pker, this is probably your best option, as its the quickest money maker, but also not so much money drainer. All you have to do is train attack to 40, ranged to the highest dhide your allowed to (if your free i beleive its 40) and you must keep your defence as low as possible, strength you must get to 99 (or basically, really high). Keep your strenght higher then your attack, and once you can use rune, don't train attack anymore. The best thing for you to use if your a strength pure, is iron, and dhide legs, this is best if you want to be powerful, however you won't hit high, but once you get to level 20 or so strength, you'll see your hitting higher then your normal combat level group.

If you want to be a all around power full account, just train all your stats to 99. If you want to be a powerful mage, you are gonna be getting decent money, but probably will be losing money. You just basically train your mage only, same for ranger. If you want to be a skiller, don't train anything using attack, just train skills, that don't involve combat.

2. Getting through your first days on your account

This is probably gonna be your toughest days, being called a noob, a lot. Basically all you can do is just leave it alone, don't try fighitng back. Also if you can, I would train some major skills, if your not gonna be pking, some good skills such as mining/smithing, and rune crafting are great money makers. So good luck :)

Advanced Details

The easiest way to training melee, is killing monks, the easiest way to train mage is killing anything, while wearing melee armor, but dont pk in this! You must only train in this while using curse. Kill any npc you want. Train range same way as training melee.

Crafting, smithing, mining, and rune crafting are the biggest f2p money makers, i suggest you use these to your advantage.

Picking up pk friends while pking is a BAD idea. Expecially if they claim they want you in their group, if I were you, stick to your own pk group, which was formed frmo friends, or a clan. Best idea.

While pking, it is wise to only use items easily obtainable by you, maybe items you can easily smith, or kill to get.

Getting Money

The best ways to get money, as stated above is crafting, smithing, and mining. Although these aren't too big money makers, once you get about 50k, you should be able to start merchanting. If your a member, money making is 10x easier. You can craft bow strings from flax in cammy, or you can rune craft bigger and better runes, you can merchant more items, and you can definatly fletch.

Edited by nol (see edit history)

Nice tutorial! But I find like almost any other game on any platform, ( Excluding Halo 2 and SuperSmash Bros. ) That all games get very repetitive which makes any game very boring especially this one! No offence but still very nice Tutorial.

ya i know what you mean, i stopped playing, but i just gave some info for people who might need it, i play halo i love it, its the best ever.