xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
sylenzednuke

Rushdie's Knighthood I am so, so, so sick of insecure Muslims

Sir Salman Rushdie is being awarded the British Knighthood and this has enraged Muslims all around the world especially Iran and Pakistan. 'cause they think it's an insult as his book "The Satanic Verses" portrayed Prophet Muhammad in an unacceptable way.

After the declaration of his knighthood, Sir Salam is pretty thrilled by this, but this is not the same for some Muslims. Iran's and Pakistan's foreign ministries think that this act is provocative and a straight attack at the integrity of Islam. There have been several street protests for now and people are saying that if something not-so-good happens the Queen is to be held responsible.

SOURCE

Yeah ... right.

Okay so Sir Salman Rushdie was the author of the novel The Satanic Verses published in 1988 which outraged many Muslims for a very silly reason. Or a reason I definitely find silly. It portrayed Prophet Muhammad in a way which no Muslim could take in. Fine. He'll go to hell for writing the 'Satanic Verses' first of all, but then why do so many Muslims are having a knot in the underpants over his knighthood? The knighthood was obviously given as he is a creative author and for his contribution towards English literature, not 'cause they wanted to hurt Muslims. The book might not even have been thought over while awarding him with the knighthood. Is Allah so helpless that he needs mere mortals to have fatwas against another mortal to defend himself? I know he is definitely not but the Muslims who are against Rushdie are simply making it look like this. I am so, so, so sick of these super-sensitive Muslims that get enraged at the slightest of all things but people like Zakir Naik and likes don't even care to think twice before saying things such as, "If Osama Bin Laden is terrorizing the enemies of Islam, I am with him. If he is terrorizing America, the biggest terrorist, then I am with him." - Doesn't this enrage people from other religions who are getting killed for no reason at all? Won't this hurt the hundreds of people who lost their close ones in the 9/11 terrorist attack? But just another novel sporting freedom of speech and another silly English award enrages you to the extent of declaring fatwas, having protests and spewing Islamofascist comments?

Queen should be held responsible for what? Another portrayal of insecurity of some extremist Muslims? How hypocritic some of them are? Or how extremists of one religion are trying to have their domination on the way the world thinks about someone or something?

Oh and of course he should be killed for insulting the Prophet, Islam is a religion of peace as it is. :)

[no offense, it's not directed in general, it's directed towards all those super-sensitive Muslims and especially the ones who support Terrorism]

oh i know this author. i've read his book, "haroun and the sea of stories" because it was a requirement in my literature class about two years ago in college. i loved it. it's a children's book, with a twist.i've never had the chance to read his other books but i would totally buy them if i have enough money :) about this topic, could you elaborate more on the topic about why the muslims were offended by the book and what's their reason you find it pathetic?

oh i know this author. i've read his book, "haroun and the sea of stories" because it was a requirement in my literature class about two years ago in college. i loved it. it's a children's book, with a twist.
i've never had the chance to read his other books but i would totally buy them if i have enough money :) about this topic, could you elaborate more on the topic about why the muslims were offended by the book and what's their reason you find it pathetic?

Okay, his book "The Satanic Verses" portrayed Prophet Muhammad in an unacceptable way. This enraged Muslims as Prophet Muhammad is like one step below Allah (their God) for them and they couldn't take in the dis-respect. There was one fatwa against Sir Salman Rushdie too, he hid underground at that time. And now when he's being awarded with a Knighthood, Muslims are saying that this is to disrespect their religion even more as awarding a person worth execution is like fueling his works. A guy who insulted their Prophet doesn't deserve the Knighthood and the Queen did this just to insult their religion.

Now what I am trying to say is how hypocritical some extremist Muslims are. They never care while spewing words on the lines of things Zakir Naik says, they never care how much it hurts other people, from different countries, different religions, people who actually lost their loved ones in the terrorist attacks. He is trying to say that killing of innocent people is justified? And the same people get so enraged at just one bloody book that they would want a person executed, is their religion so weak? That it needs to kill people to defend it?!? Is Allah so weak he needs mortals who'll go to hell anyway executed to gain the respect for him? And I mean extremist Muslims are so sensitive, even a bloody book and just another English award irks them so much which actually shouldn't matter to them at all! And this is not the first time that extremists Muslims have portrayed their insecurity!

It's like they want their religion to be crowned as the best and everyone to respect while they can disrespect anything and anyone. They want extremist terror to dominate the world and we shouldn't have any personal opinions on other people as they decide who should live and who should be executed. I've got some Muslim friends and they have absolutely no problem with this book or this knighthood, 'cause it simply can't affect someone or make any difference. Extremist Muslims just need a bloody spark and they can create armageddon's. The protests in Pakistan and Iran are according to me pointless. Sir Salam deserves it and he will get it no matter how many fatwas would be ever raised. Extremists won't control our perception of things.

Im sorry but this is just out of the question

Is Allah so helpless that he needs mere mortals to have fatwas against another mortal to defend himself?

How can you say that now don't you think your hurting Us muslims feelings? Ok i believe that we are sesitive. That;s because we are too afraid t take any risks. Because the Amount of wars againt the muslims are uncountable and now we cannot trust anyone. Because we believe in the Prophet Muhammad (S.A.W.S) and we don't like if some one portrays him

I mean if we say something bad about jesus wont christians get affected?

If we say something about Gauthama Buddha. Wont Buddhists get affected?

I'm sorry but i just don't like that sentence you said even if you did not mean any disrespect

Regards Ridwan sameer

Im sorry but this is just out of the questionHow can you say that now don't you think your hurting Us muslims feelings? Ok i believe that we are sesitive. That;s because we are too afraid t take any risks. Because the Amount of wars againt the muslims are uncountable and now we cannot trust anyone. Because we believe in the Prophet Muhammad (S.A.W.S) and we don't like if some one portrays him

I mean if we say something bad about jesus wont christians get affected?

If we say something about Gauthama Buddha. Wont Buddhists get affected?

I'm sorry but i just don't like that sentence you said even if you did not mean any disrespect

Regards Ridwan sameer

Well if you'd seen my first post I did mention that the extremist Muslims are forcing people to think that way with their acts, not that I mean it! Granting someone Knighthood is so not propagating a war against anything. And as far as I see, the wars are against extremists and not Muslims at large, though I am against those wars anyways as there are just too many conspiracies lying underneath the "war against terrorism" ... we're making enemies faster than we can pick up a gun.

Having no trust and fretting over something totally irrelevant just don't go hand in hand according to me. You can't trust someone so you want to take off the right to be awarded something and in extreme cases take away the right of life? Islam's bad state is not 'cause of people against it, it's 'cause of the extremists boiling our blood with their hypocrisy to go against it. I for one am not against any religion, but when religion interferes in society and world affairs, it does affect me. I personally have nothing to do with Muslims or Islam or Allah or Prophet Muhammad. But acts like these by extremists are unbearable for me.

And I wrote "extremist" everytime before Muslims, 'cause it was directed towards people who support Osama but fret over this like Zakir Naik. If you can allow yourself to hurt hundreds of people, get ready for hundreds of people to hurt you back, you have no right to fret over it then. And I do feel the whole protest a complete stupidity. The book has absolutely nothing to do with the Knighthood.
Edited by sylenzednuke (see edit history)

Food for thought on the subject of the Muslim religion, since it seems to be the fastest growing religion per capita in the United States, especially in the minority races!!!

Allah or The Lord Jesus Christ? ... By Rick Mathes

Last month I attended my annual training session that's required for maintaining my state prison security clearance. During the training session there was a presentation by three speakers representing the Roman Catholic, Protestant and Muslim faiths, who explained each of their beliefs.

I was particularly interested in what the Islamic Imam had to say. The Imam gave a great resentation of the basics of Islam, complete with a video.

After the presentations, time was provided for questions and answers.

When it was my turn, I directed my question to the Imam and asked: "Please, correct me if I'm wrong, but I understand that most Imams and clerics of Islam have declared a holy jihad [Holy war]against the infidels of the world and, that by killing an infidel,

(which is a command to all Muslims) they are assured of a place in heaven. If that's the case, can you give me the definition of an infidel?"

There was no disagreement with my statements and, without hesitation, he replied, "Non-believers! "

I responded, "So, let me make sure I have this straight. All followers of Allah have been commanded to kill everyone who is not of your faith so they can have a place in heaven. Is that correct?"

The expression on his face changed from one of authority and command to that of "a little boy who had just been caught with his hand in the cookie jar."

He sheepishly replied, "Yes."

I then stated, "Well, sir, I have a real problem trying to imagine the Pope commanding all Catholics to kill those of your faith or Dr. Stanley ordering all Protestants to do the same in order to guarantee them a place in heaven!"

The Imam was speechless!

I continued, "I also have problem with being your 'friend' when you and your brother clerics are telling your followers to kill me! Let me ask you a question. Would you rather have your Allah, who tells you to kill me in order for you to go to heaven, or my Jesus who tells me to love you because I am going to heaven and He wants you to be there with me?"

I truely hope this is not the belief of all Muslims in the USA.

Edit: To level the table on the subject, I have received This Link in rebutal of this article.

Edited by Mich (see edit history)