xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
icedragn

Website Content, Allowed? Or No.

I have a few questions regarding website contetn and i cant post in the hosted members section because my group hasnt been changed, but ne ways. My questions is about what content i can use, Sy for examply Diablo 2 or Half-Life. I know they are "hacks" but they dont steal software or crack it, i wanted to know if i can post things like Maphacks and plugins for d2loader and such like Zoid Pickit, are these prohibited? If so i wont post them, otherwise with an admin or mod's ok i will go ahead and build my d2files section.

1>IF IT IS LEGAL YOU CAN HAVE IT!!This is the first rule that we have! Go throught this... =====================================Terms of Service (TOS) and Acceptable Use Policy (AUP)=====================================Use of Xisto.com's service constitutes acceptance and agreement to Xisto.com's Terms of Service (TOS) and Acceptable Use Policy (AUP).The TOS and AUP may be changed from time to time at the discretion of Xisto.com.All websites must be in English to qualify for free hosting.We may remove any material that, in our sole discretion, may be illegal or may subject us to liability.Xisto.com's services may not be used for illegal purposes, or in support of illegal activities. Xisto.com reserves the right to cooperate with legal authorities and/or injured third parties in the investigation of any suspected crime or civil wrongdoing.In addition Xisto.com shall have the right to terminate all services set forth in this agreement.Unacceptable UseSpam and Unsolicited Commercial Emails (UCE) are not allowed. Accounts will be cancelled and deleted immediately if found to be spamming or sending out UCE.Web sites deemed offensive or racially degrading, by Xisto.com, will be removed from our servers without notice. Web sites promoting, making available or otherwise contributing to software piracy, hacking, spamming, denial of service attacks and/or damage to commercial networks or servers will be removed from our servers without notice and illegal acts will be reported and prosecuted. Abusive behavior of any type will not be tolerated.Xisto.com has a zero tolerance policy for the use of its network for the posting of messages or commercial advertisements, which violate the rules, regulations, FAQ or charter of any newsgroups or mailing list.Cgi-based message boards are not allowed.Internet Relay Chat (IRC) traffic is not permitted on our servers in any of its many forms including, but not limited to: bots and IRC servers.All server activity is logged. Any snooping, hacking, or other inappropriate activity of any type outside of your account, on our servers, will be grounds for termination.Xisto.com reserves the right to refuse or discontinue service to anyone at Xisto.com's sole discretion. Xisto.com may deny you access to all or part of the service without notice if you engage in any conduct or activities that Xisto.com in its sole discretion believes violates any of the terms and conditions in this agreement. Xisto.com shall have no responsibility to notify any third-party providers of services, merchandise, or information, nor any responsibility for any consequences resulting from such discontinuance or lack of notification.Xisto.com reserves the right to cancel/suspend any account(s) without prior notice.Xisto.com requests that anyone who believes that there is a violation of our policy to direct the information to abuse@Xisto.comExcessive UseXisto.com accounts operate on shared resources. Excessive use or abuse of these shared resources by one customer may have a negative impact on all other customers. Misuse of resources in a manner which impairs network performance is prohibited by this policy and may result in termination of your account.You are prohibited from excessive consumption of resources, including CPU time, memory, disk space and session time. You may not use resource-intensive programs which may negatively impact other customers or the performance of Xisto.com systems or networks. Xisto.com reserves the right to terminate or limit such activities.Accounts using up enough server resources, to slow or crash a server, will be shut down without notice.No Copyright material without written permission from the copyright holder is allowed.You shall obtain any and all necessary consents and clearances to enable you lawfully to make use of all and any intellectual property rights through the Services, including without limitation, clearance and/or consents in respect of your proposed domain name.We will make every reasonable attempt to avoid unexpected server downtime and to ensure that all accounts are well taken care of. We cannot guarantee or predict server downtime. Any network problem, or outage, is not covered under any guarantee or warranty and will not be grounds for reimbursement for any subsequent financial damages or losses. All account data backups are the account holder's responsibility.All requests for cancellation of accounts must be made via email to sales@Xisto.comXisto.com makes no warranties or representations of any kind for the services being offered. The service is provided on an "as is" and "as available" basis without warranties of any kind, either express or implied, including but not limited to warranties of title, non-infringement, or implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. No advice or information given by Xisto.com or its agents or employees shall create a warranty. Xisto.com provides no warranty that the service will be uninterrupted or error free or that any information, software or other material accessible on the service is free from viruses or other harmful components. Under no circumstances shall Xisto.com be liable for any direct, indirect, special, punitive, or consequential damages that result in any way from your use of or inability to use the service, or for third parties' use of the service to access your Web space, or to access the Internet or any part thereof, or your or any third parties' reliance on or use of information, services, or merchandise provided on or through the service, or that result from mistakes, omissions, interruptions, deletion of files, errors, defects, delays in operation or transmission, or any failure of performance. If you are dissatisfied with Xisto.com service or any of its terms, conditions, rules, policies, guidelines, or practices, your sole and exclusive remedy is to discontinue using the service.Your use of our service is at your sole risk. Xisto.com is not responsible for files and data residing on your account. You agree to take full responsibility for files and data transferred and to maintain all appropriate backup of files and data stored on Xisto.com servers.Xisto.com reserves the right to monitor any and all communications through our servers.Xisto.com reserves the right to amend its policies at any time. All accounts are required to comply with any changes made to these policies. Notification of any major changes to the policies will be emailed to all account holders.If you are unsure if what you are doing is against our TOS and AUP, contact us.This agreement supersedes any written, electronic, or oral communication you may have had with Xisto.com or any agent or representative thereof, and constitutes the complete and total agreement between the parties. Should any provision of this agreement is determined to be invalid or unenforceable, all other provisions shall remain in full force and effect and said provision shall be reformed only to the extent necessary to make it enforceable.By placing and continuing to maintain or place information on Xisto.com servers you are stating and acknowledging that you have read the aforementioned terms and conditions and that you understand such terms and conditions and agree to be bound by them.As on December 9, 2004.

Well it isnt ILLEGAL per say, but it does break the TOS of the games by using it, altho everyone uses them anyways. They arent illegal tho so, yes?

If it breaks the TOS of the game, then it's illegal. The TOS is a legally binding contract between you and the company that made the game.I know that some websites get around this by offering their resource on an honor system... i.e. ROM sites have a disclaimer saying that you may only download a ROM if you own the original game cartridge. That way, if there is something illegal about someone downloading a ROM, the site is protected, since the person using the site agreed to the site's terms.This, in my opinion, is still immoral, if not outright illegal, since the owner of the site is aware that his/her visitors don't generally own the original game.Overall verdict... no.

If it breaks the TOS of the game, then it's illegal. The TOS is a legally binding contract between you and the company that made the game.

I know that some websites get around this by offering their resource on an honor system... i.e. ROM sites have a disclaimer saying that you may only download a ROM if you own the original game cartridge. That way, if there is something illegal about someone downloading a ROM, the site is protected, since the person using the site agreed to the site's terms.

This, in my opinion, is still immoral, if not outright illegal, since the owner of the site is aware that his/her visitors don't generally own the original game.

Overall verdict... no.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Roms are no comparison, and hacks arent illegal, and they call them hacks cause they arent exactlc cheat codes... Are gamesharks ilegal? no they arent, and thats manipulating the game the way its not supposed to be, and the TOS of a game is NOT legally binding :| One of the biggest sites http://www.blizzhackers.com/ should have been shutdown long ago if it was "illegal" cause they have no TOS you need to agree to before posting (that has anythng to do with blizz or nuttin) so any blizz worker can going, see their files, and according to you, sue them since they are illegal.