xisto Community
arza1

The Theory Of Life In Our Solar System. Life on mars earth and maybe venus.

me and my dad were talking about life on earth and where it came from. he was telling me what he thinks about it and it really does make a little bit of sense.the way he started was by asking me what happens whenever you tie a rock to a string and spin it around. the rock wants to draw away from the center source of whatever is spinning it. he was telling me that he thinks that the planets in out solar system ar doing the same. whether it be inches at a time or maybe even a mile at at time.this is what he thinks: all the planets are moving outward. there is a spot in out solarsystem that is ideal for life to exist. mars used to be full of intelligent life that spread some sort of seed over earth before their planet was too unable to support life. they are kepping the life in our solar system alive and going. and in millions of years the same will happen with earth and venus. but it might mot even be humans that do it. we could be long and gone and some other species has become so intelligent that they will figure out how to put life on venus.sorry i can't explain what he said better but i don't quit remeber it.i want to know what you guys think of this theory. if you don't think this happend what do you you think.

I believe or not really believe but have a weird thought of what could be. Think of it ants inside of a little ant farm? They probably think that they are the smartest things on the earth. Even though they do not know we are here looking down on them. What if we are just ants to some other life forms out there and they are playing with us deciding our fate? You never know you know?

while we are on the topic of being small. i have also had this theory about the universe.i think that the entire universe is just one part of one atom of one little mineral or one grain of sand. try to think if that is true. try to think how many universes there are out there just in our world. i have heard about people trying to imagine the term infinate or anything that is not ending. how small would we feel if this turned out to be true. i think that this is probably the best possibility of why the universe is here. it might sound a little comic book like but i think that it could be true.

the way he started was by asking me what happens whenever you tie a rock to a string and spin it around. the rock wants to draw away from the center source of whatever is spinning it. he was telling me that he thinks that the planets in out solar system ar doing the same. whether it be inches at a time or maybe even a mile at at time.
all the planets are moving outward.

it's called centripetal force. the gravitational force that acts on the planets comes from the sun. this makes the planets maintain that circular/oblique path around the sun. it's taught in science classes, in case you didn't know.

there is a spot in out solarsystem that is ideal for life to exist. mars used to be full of intelligent life that spread some sort of seed over earth before their planet was too unable to support life. they are kepping the life in our solar system alive and going. and in millions of years the same will happen with earth and venus. but it might mot even be humans that do it. we could be long and gone and some other species has become so intelligent that they will figure out how to put life on venus.

while i agree that there's a planet capable of sustaining life, i don't agree with "mars used to be filled with intelligent life that spread some sort of seed over earth". if that even happened, i believe astronomers and people who study the planet should have found traces of information about that.
the reason why earth was the one planet that was able to sustain life is because it is on the best location with respect to the sun. the energy our planet gets from the sun is enough to allow life to flourish. now if mars was the first planet to have "intelligent life" before earth, it has to be after the planets were starting to form and before the very first creatures that existed on earth.

i think that the entire universe is just one part of one atom of one little mineral or one grain of sand. try to think if that is true. try to think how many universes there are out there just in our world.

the word "universe" is the term that encompasses everything, from the planets, stars, galaxies. it is believed (assuming that the readers of this topic accepts the idea of the "big bang theory") that the universe is expanding at a high rate, with galaxies relying on their rotational speed to travel. maybe you're referring to "galaxies" instead of "universes".
i remember watching discovery channel before i think one of their documentaries were mentioning that the solar system is spinning away from the milky way galaxy. so i guess in a century from now maybe we would see a streak of stars on the night sky. that would be cool. too bad one lifetime's not enough.

Yes, if mars used to be 'livable' earth will be too hot and much of the surface would be basalt. And currently much of earth's crust is basalt so that is an idea, or if a war erupted on mars that resulted in global evacuation, or something similar, they maybe able to land a pod of bacteria that slowly evolved inside the pod, and when earth became right for life, the pod self destructed resulting in the already evolving bacteria being spread across much more land, meaning that the bacteria will spread across earth faster, and so we came from those bacteriums, thus supporting te evolution theory

all the planets are moving outward. there is a spot in out solar system that is ideal for life to exist. mars used to be full of intelligent life that spread some sort of seed over earth before their planet was too unable to support life. they are keeping the life in our solar system alive and going. and in millions of years the same will happen with earth and Venus. but it might mot even be humans that do it. we could be long and gone and some other species has become so intelligent that they will figure out how to put life on Venus.

I'd like to point out that this theory, along with a plethora of other "space germs" or "cosmic bacteria" theory does not really say much about the origin of life; it just transfers the issue elsewhere. Also, I believe there was a time when Venus was much farther from the sun than earth... or was I dreaming back then? Oh well :)

it's called centripetal force. the gravitational force that acts on the planets comes from the sun. this makes the planets maintain that circular/oblique path around the sun. it's taught in science classes, in case you didn't know.

i knew about centripetal force, but i didn't know if that acually made the planets move outward. so if i used the term and didn't understand it completely there is a possibility that people wouldn't understand the theory i was trying to get across. whenever my dad told me about this he didn't say anything about centripetal force so i didn't want to use it whenever i explained it.

i always thought it was called centrifugal fource. but aparantly i am wrong. what is the difference between 'centripetal' and 'centrifugal' force. i know they both have to do with some type force that is related to rotation.

I just don't like the idea of other species being more intelligent than us and all. Why should beings on Mars be more intelligent than us? Why can't life have started here itself. It is surely the most conducive of all planets we have known. I don't know I just think it is really absurd to think that beings on other planets have to be more intelligent than us.

I just don't like the idea of other species being more intelligent than us and all. Why should beings on Mars be more intelligent than us? Why can't life have started here itself. It is surely the most conducive of all planets we have known. I don't know I just think it is really absurd to think that beings on other planets have to be more intelligent than us.

The possibilities of life being more intelligent are very high. We would be really arogant to think that we are the smartest things out there even for mars. Why wouldn't mars have a smarter species.

Maybe the intelligent life on mars, if there was life on mars, wasn't at all like us. what i mean is maybe it isn't at all how we see life maybe the organisms on mars worked completely different than ours. maybe the reason why we can't find traces of life so far is because the life that was there were made from strictly energy or some type of being that adapted to the atmosphere that mars once had.

in order for the theory of life on mars populating earth to work, the life on mars would have to be more intelligent. it might make you fell uneasy but it is just a theory.

whenever my dad told me about this he didn't say anything about centripetal force so i didn't want to use it whenever i explained it.

the reason's probably he's trying to make you understand stuff without using technical terms. but the problem with this approach is that, your dad could easily insert statements that may or may not hold truth. and i believe most members in this forum aren't that too young to not understand terminologies that are being taught in their classes at school.

i always thought it was called centrifugal fource. but aparantly i am wrong. what is the difference between 'centripetal' and 'centrifugal' force. i know they both have to do with some type force that is related to rotation.

centripetal force is the one that acts on the body of motion while centrifugal force is the one acting on the source of centripetal force. both forces are of the same magnitude but on different directions.

i think it's part of human nature to fear something that one has no control of, and in this case, some people fear the idea of life being more intelligent than ours. that we might be considered less or lower in terms of the hierarchy of creatures.

The possibilities of life being more intelligent are very high. We would be really arogant to think that we are the smartest things out there even for mars. Why wouldn't mars have a smarter species.

while i agree that the possibility of life on other parts of the universe is high (and oddly enough, very interesting), but the thought of this "life" being more intelligent than us isn't as high of a possibility.

Maybe the intelligent life on mars, if there was life on mars, wasn't at all like us. what i mean is maybe it isn't at all how we see life maybe the organisms on mars worked completely different than ours. maybe the reason why we can't find traces of life so far is because the life that was there were made from strictly energy or some type of being that adapted to the atmosphere that mars once had.

again, this is just theories, that shouldn't probably considered as theories in the first place. the excessive use of "maybe" makes your "theory" less acceptable to most people. and to make things less appealing, why choose mars? you could have said jupiter or saturn, but you insist on "more intelligent life" on mars. by saying that the creatures then were in the form of "some sort of energy", you're just insisting on something that would even more put you on a doubtful position to everyone.

in order for the theory of life on mars populating earth to work, the life on mars would have to be more intelligent. it might make you fell uneasy but it is just a theory.

how could that even be possible if the entire point of "life on mars" is in question? we're not only questioning the start of life on earth but also the point of "life on mars", which may be senseless at this point, with all the things we've learned about the solar system and especially our planet.

i was watching a show on on demand from the science channel and it was about a mission to mars that involves sending people. this mission was called Mars Direct. research it.

it sounds like it would work but i guess the are a few things they need to work on. like: i guess the people would be exposed to alot of radiation due to spending 6months in space. and they would catch cabin fever. which if you don't know is just a case of going crazy because you have to spend so much time with other people.

but anyway it sounded intresting.

here is a wiki link explaining the mission. i think the discovery/science channel did a better job. mars direct

This theory about aliens sending pods to earth or whatever was in the movie Mars I think, no it was called Red Planet, well something like that. The planets spread out as the Sun slowly loses it's gravitational pull. So yes, at one time Mars and the Earth as well were closer to the Sun.Mars shows signs of once being covered with water. It also currently has polar ice caps which apparently holds water that still runs under the ice. There could possibly still be life on Mars, though there is no intelligent life.Life in our universe most likely went something like this. A ball of rock forms. Ball of rock happens to get lucky; water forms. Asteroids hit said rock, millions of years pass and simple organisms are born in that water. Some more years pass; humans evolve.

I am pretty sure that we are supposed to begin a project that is going to terraform mars so it can habitable for humans to live. I think that mars does have ice caps and after these are made into water and we plant trees then we can form an atmosphere that will allow for oxygen.

I think that mars does have ice caps and after these are made into water and we plant trees then we can form an atmosphere that will allow for oxygen.

if i remeber right the ice caps are made from CO2 so..... but there is said to be frozen water in the soil so if we can get the planet to warm up small lakes could form. and it is possible to warm a planet. we are accually doing it here. but with mars it could happen faster and alot more safe. they way it would happen is we would pump gass into the atmosphere to build it up and then it would trap more heat from the sun.

The conditions that had to be met for life to even exist on this planet are mind boggling.

First, the spinning metal core that creates a magnetic field that acts as a shield around the entire planet to limit deadly UV exposure from the sun.

One and only one moon that keeps the wind factors within tolerable levels (most of the time), but provides just enough gravity to keep things lively.

The water content on the surface of the planet is unusually high. The mineral continent on the dry land that supports plant life to allow a self-sustaining, animal / plant symbiotic relationship.

Then… the coincidental placement and size of Jupiter (200 times the mass of Earth) has prevented the steady bombardment of our surface by rogue space debris. (Without Jupiter, we would have to take turns on meteor watch, I guess... LOL)

If some supreme being or extraterrestrial created Earth, then, it would appear that some awesome intelligence is involved with our existence.

But then, I look at the design of the human body (especially mine!).

Isaac A. once said that he had an engineering friend.

His friend said that, if someone presented him with the design of the human eyeball that he would turn it down.

I agree. No higher intelligence would have made so many rudimentary errors.

That or they got bored with us, at some point and left.