xisto Community
MSTR

The Best Anti-virus What Do you think ?

I hate norton. I always have it off. I don't trust the company. I would much prefer to use a free firewall like Zone Alarm. I don't know why I don't trust nortan, I just think then have a unuser-friendly program and the block most of the things I know are not viruses just because nortan don't like them. A few MSN hacks they block, for example are not viruses. Ive even had firefox as a virus according to nortan.

I usually believe that Norton provides the best antivirus service in the world, but recently I have heard a company called NOD 32, it has received many awards and after reading its introduction, it seems that NOD 32 Antivirus is better than Norton Antivirus to protect your computer. However I knew that none of my friends and cousins is using this software at all, is there anyone here is using NOD 32? Could you share your experiences about using it here?

A friend of mine suggested me that I start using this small,yet very effective firewall. It’s called Look’n’Stop,and really doesn’t thake much from system resources. Ever since I started using it,I didn’t experience any problems at all,so I can recommend it to anyone who wants small,cheap,but extremelly effective firewall protection for their PC.I didn’t even configure anything,and it works great.

I always have problems with network printers when using zonealarm, besides, lately zonealarm seems to be bloated up, :rolleyes:.I use sygate personal firewall for quite some time and it is realy a good one, easy to use and no problem what so ever. now I only use windows built-in firewall because it is good enough for me.

i though each antivirus has its own specialties... for example, norton is quite good at live update (updating virus list so you'll never get inffected by a new virus), and i really like norton system works, all of them are totally complete and useful... but somehow mc Affe is the best on providing firewall.... you should try many to get your best

I use AntiVir because it is free and has frequent updates for new virus definitions and program improvements. It also has an antivirus guard that scans active files. It is a quick download and quick install. I haven't had a single problem with it. Also, I use Sygate Personal Firewall, which is free, without any problems. I would say that if you don't want to spend any money for antivirus then download Antir, AVG or Avast otherwise go for Norton or McAffee as they are hands down the better software.

I used to use mcafee 6, 7 and 8, all free from university, they are working quite nice, but they are bloating up as the version grows. now I don't use any. I keep my windows updated and running windows' firewall (used to use sygate, which is also very good), regularly scanning for spyware and adware, so far so good. no problem what so ever.

I once used SAV 9.00 coporate, it was a very good program, handy, and not as resource hungry as NAV. But since NIS 2005, the NAV is integrated into NIS, so I have to use NIS 2005 for the firewall and intrusion detection. NAV 2005 also has a built in firewall. But NAV/NIS are both resource hungry. You should have 512MB RAM, like me, to run the programs smoothly.

I use Kaspersky Labs AntiVirus Personal. I don't know why it is not as one of the poll options.It is absolutely the best anti-virus software I have ever used. Latest version 5 is very fast,stable,and what is really important,no viruses can pass by it's protection.From 1-10, I would give it a 10.

Ok, I see you have missed really great antivirus softwarecalled Kaspersky Antivirus. I really like it cause it always finds viruses if there some is try to escape on my computer. That happened few times being on the net. I dislike AVG and Norton Antivirus cause its lack in finding downloaded virures, this two programs let viruses to be downloaded to your computer while Kaspersky doesn't. I also heard NOD32 is really good piece of software and someday I will try to use it.

Kaspersky has frequent update of virus database, like 10 times a day, while Norton or Symantec has 1-2 day, or more.

Kaspersky Lab

I have used many from windows, norton to mcafee and zone alarm etc.  But the safest most reliable and the one with most structural integrity has been zone alarm.

The question is is there a firewall that can block and secure all computer ports?

I can't remember but i have found a website that scans for holes in ur firewall and tells you.

24734[/snapback]

Ok, I personaly think that the best (really the best) firewall on the market (what money can buy) is a simple and cheap condom. How it does it's job) well, you put it on your phoneline/dsl-line/LAN jack and stick in your computer. and you are safe - 100% :P.

...im just kidding - no hard feelings, but anyway the best protection is to use one computer as an exitpoint to internet, and when you don't use internet disconnect that computer. and use software firewall on that comp, with strong antivirus protection. So, in that case, you got a nice desktop computer by side, an one lazy - just for surfing. And it filters all internet junk & stuff by the way... So your "work"-comp stays clean and undamaged. :D