xisto Community
MSTR

The Best Anti-virus What Do you think ?

@mbacarraHahaha... please tell us your experience with virus! =D... I hate that *BLEEP*... Have you seen this new virus? It automatically sends an e-mail to all your contacts and when after opening this e-mail and pressing ctrl + alt + del or restarting your PC, it destroys your HD... It doesn't format only... You will lose your HD forever... That really sux... Why on earth would someone do something like that?

On our Macs that are dual boot (new Mactels) we use F-secure on the windows side and Norton on the Mac side. There really aren't a lot of viruses or scanners for mac. I'm waiting for the universal to come out for Norton as the version we have is still PPC. Seams to run okay in Rosseetta.

I use Norton antivirus and have also tried PCcillin in the past also I have tried mcafee. I recommend Norton coz I think that it has the most user friendly interface and is pretty straightforward. They regularly keep releasing updates and patches so if you keep downloading them it keeps you in a safer condition.

I've already heard about PC Cillin and one day I will give it a try... There are a lot of people talking really good about it... What's your opinion about it me_boxer_dude?I do like norton interface however if you are using the last version, it really requires a fast computer, unless you are using the Corporate Edition which I used to use and is excellent! However, if I'm not wrong, there is only the anti-virus version for it...

Well I use 2 use Mcafee but I dont use any viruscan now. Simply because I never had them how do I know? no damges simply spyware these days and I remove them with hijackthis wourd fine for me for all the time I was in the internet for years.

I think that the best antivirus is Norton it is most widely used and if you take the complete download of norton it would also include the firewall to protect your computers from hackers as well.NOrton keeps bringing its updations and you can always update yoour antivirus online.the support for norton is good on the technical end and i feel it is the best antivirus

I agree with changeyourmind, Norton is a very good Antivirus and Firewall combination. Many people think that Norton is a system memory hog, but i do not agree with this, sure the past versions did eat up alot of memory but the latest versions have run faster than ever on my PC. Now you might read this and think that Norton is rubbish but thats your opinion. I have had thousands of different Antivirus suites, and so far none of them have been able to beat Norton in finding and removing viruses, trojan horses, spyware without error. I had Avast and sure it was a pretty good program but i could not find an option to update virus protection, and scan my computer when i choose to. That really annoyed me and stopeped me from using it. Another program i had was Panda Antivirus, i think i chose the one with a firewall but it always stopped my programs accesing the internet and vice versa. Also when i could easily tell that i have a virus, and wanted to remove it, i searched and searched in Panda and it would not locate it! I installed Norton Antivirus 2006 and updated Virus definitions and instantly it found 14 virus. Now im not saying the other Antivirus programs arent good, this is just my experiences with them, you may actually support Avast as it found a virus that Norton did not. Anyway I suggest Norton Antivirus 2007 for anyone looking for a good virus program. And as changeyourmind said, the update downloads are a great option, especially since you can configure it to update them at a certain time or scan for virus at any time you want.

I'm using Norton Internet Secuirty 2006... it's good.. the best security software i've known so far.... I got another spyware eliminator software called Webroot Spy Sweeper.... it's an awesome software.... it deletes almost all the spywares and adwares in my comp...

i use norton antivirus,it really makes your system unpenetrable if you are updating it rgularly but the problem with norton is that it makes your pc really slow as it uses a lot of your resource,i am thinking of trying out mcafee,but seems to be costly ,so may be i need to take help of bittorrent hehe :lol:

Hi anyone

I search free Antivirus on web

But i can not find any free goof antivirus

can u help me , I need antivirus With Liveupdate :(

plz see this ::

Google Search

and See this ::

Download

:(:lol:

bingo, that's the one clamwin

the offical website is: http://www.clamwin.com/

it's totally free

Honestly I think Norton is crap. Who would drop $80 a year on a software that does basically the same thing as a free anti-virus software? I have CA Antivirus that came with my ISP browser. It works fine and since it's free and it gets the job done, I'm happy with it. Ever since I've had this computer I haven't gotten one virus.