xisto Community
MSTR

The Best Anti-virus What Do you think ?

Ok, I have tried everything like Kapersky and norton, all those top ones, and I say none of them compare to NOD32, every time I hop on the computer, it says it was sucessfully updated, it updates (not just scans.... actualy updates) the scanning system about every 2 hours I had norton, and our computer was so badly damaged we had to get loads of new parts and paches on it before it would start, then we put NOD on and it fixed about 37 viruses that our 3 scanners didnt find! NOD32 for life!

I use AVG, it has most of the "USEFUL" features all bigshot corporate anti viruses have and it is free and it uses less resources and doesnt hang my computer to death which many other do, my friends have Norton, McAffe and their computers crash more than my does, actually my computer hasn't crashed for over 2 years! :D :D

NOD32 is best for me. It picks up evertything thats virus related. And it doesnt eat allot of ram. I used Bit deffender. But that ate my pc to pieces. Love NOD32 for life.

Im using Kaspersky antivirus It havnt let any damn viruses inside my computer and if there is something with addwares or spywares then I just open my No Adware program which takes them all down..

Stay away from Norton like the plague. It's absolutely terrible and costs money unlike better anti viruses like AVG and Avast!. I believe that Kaspersky is currently the best solution, so I'd recommend that. Personally I use Avast! because I like to sound like a pirate when I say it. :D

Im stickin with good olD Norton system works, it reliable enough.

Sorry but Nortan is just too slow and last time I relied on it I got viruses where I can run avg, and barely notice its there, and I have blocked a few viruses with it, but I have never gotten one cause it always catches it befor it is executed

I don't like norton. it slows down your computer and it takes forever. i like a sleek new zon alarm! i even went in an custimized it to fit my super human needs!!Either way its an anti virus and if you have the time/want something your familiar with then stick with what you've got.

zone alarm is good, but it is also too needy, i say avg or avast, both are free and can do as much or more as those two

Which three security programs you are currntly using ? If you don't understand , let me explain a little , I mean three programs which include Firwall , Anti-virus and Anti-spyware. I really want to know because that way we can find a better program for our Computer and Network. Mine are :

Anti-Virus : Bit Defender 9 Internet Security
Anti-Spyware : Webroot Spy Sweeper 5.0
Firewall : Agnitum Outpost Firewall

Please post yours here , thank you.

Edited by ProtoMan (see edit history)

I use mcafee firewall, antivirus, and anti-spyware. I think they are the best they offer real virus protection. I tried once norton but I never liked it because it used a big partition of my ram so it slows down the computer. I had only minor problems with mcafee so I think they are the best for security issues.

I use :Antivirus: AvastAnti-Spyware : XsoftspyFirewall : NOT REQUIREDI have chosen Avast because it is simple and effective, not like Norton which just sits and eats RAM.I beleive Xsoftspy is a good Anti-spyware I have been using it for more than 2 years and haven't found any problem, it's working fine and satisfactorily.And I do not use Firewall, whats its use just keep your antivirus running when you are online thats it.