xisto Community
MSTR

The Best Anti-virus What Do you think ?

I used to use Norton, until our desktop (not really used by me, but used by mom) got some sort of virus/trojan things going on and started acting odd. It was then I realized my mom never bought more subscription to it, and it had stoped updating its definitions.So we bought the upgrades, and it was still having many issues. Seems these viruses killed norton out or something. Anyways, found AVG (free edition) and download n ran it... Wallah, problems fixed, viruses deleted, etc. Computer has been running fine since. On my laptop I use, Ive been using AVG also, its great. So far (to my knowledge) no viruses or anything on this computer. And I generally can detect when something is up with viruses/trojans on a machine (cause they always act wierd)Anyways, yep, AVG is great for me...

I am using Panda Titanium 2006. I had been using Norton, but when I reinstalled my windows I tried another antivirus. I think Panda is better than Norton, scans computer deeper, and the firewall its really goog, but sometimes the procces PavPrSrv.exe consume all the computer's memory.

I use MacAfee Virus Scan. I love it tho its better than Norton. Norton would sometimes block my internet browser and I wouldn't be able to get online.:) But with MacAfee I have control over what is good for my PC and What is bad.

I use Avast antivirus it is a good and compact, not like Norton.I dont consider Norton to be a good antivirus because it makes your computer a bunker, it assumes that every second a virus is attacking you, it changes recycle bin, the most annoying thing.One should know from where virus can come, first by an external storage device which you attach and second by internet, if you have.So my suggestion is that whenever you put an external device scan it and always use antivirus sheild when going online.

I am using Bit Defender. It is the best Anti-virus out of them all. With the Internet Security version , I have eveything needed to protect my Computer. And I agree with bhavesh 's logic , Norton Anti-virus is very bad , it seriously slowed down my computer when I tried to use it (Let me tell you something : When my computer infected by viruses , about each 30 minutes , a pop-up advertising window appeared and it is very annoying so I installed Norton Anti-Virus and tried to clear those viruses but failed , why ? Because my computer froze. I was so surprised because if my PC infected by viruses , I still can do a lot of things but when installed one of the most trusted Anti-Virus , I can't even move the mouse) so I think you shouldn't try. I highly recommend all of you to use Bit Defender , with it , you can normalize the infected files while the others products instantly delete them so you should try Bit Defender.

I bought Norton SystemWorks (with anti-virus) for my Laptop - worst software I have EVER seen!Boot up and opening ANY application took FIVE times longer than before.It was an absolute nightmare.Uninstalled it & got my money back.I'm now also using free Anti-Vir - seems great so far! <_<

You are right , you shouldn't use Norton Anti-Virus , it is strong at deleting virus but seriously slow your Computer and takes a lot of times to open any files.Ah , where to find that free Anti-Virus you are using , my friend really need a free anti-virus software.Thank you first.

BitDefender 9 Internet Security.

Anti-Virus, Anti-Spyware, Spam Blocker, Firewall, Parental Control [if I want to keep my brother or cousin off].

It caught about 2 hackers, found 12 viruses that eTrust EZ Antivirus didn't, and it got rid of my spyware like magic. I love it.

For AntiVirus I used Norton AntiVirus. It has simple automatic update and Intelgent Updater. I didnt find that norton consuming a lot of resource at start-up. I think McAfee is slower than norton!.

Well I know that mostly people use norton or mcaffe but i find them rather heavy in the terms of eating all my processor. I found a program recently which is the best by faaar IMO...it is aclled NOD 32 and has all the features you need plus it really doesn't eat much of your ram, processor and that...So I tell you try NOD 32!!! IT IS THE BEST!

BitDefender 9 Internet Security.

Anti-Virus, Anti-Spyware, Spam Blocker, Firewall, Parental Control [if I want to keep my brother or cousin off].

It caught about 2 hackers, found 12 viruses that eTrust EZ Antivirus didn't, and it got rid of my spyware like magic. I love it.

Same as me , I really love Bit Defender 9 Internet Security , too. When my computer was infected , that is the only one program could fix it at the moment , I tried Norton Anti Virus and McAfee couldn't and it lso has a lot of great features like anti-spyware and fitewall . I highly recommend that all of you should use it.