xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
itrainmonkeys

Wordpress Help [resolved] noob

I'm very very new to Wordpress and have been following some tutorials on how to install it.....but I can't get past this one part. I've done everything i've been reading (changing the wp-config.php file so that it reflects my database) and things like that but can't figure out how to get it working. If anyone can possibly help me out either on here, through e-mail (swalmmd@yahoo.com), or on AIM (sn: itrainmonkeys) that would be great. When I go to the wordpress install page I get error messages: jttp.trap17.com/blog/ That's the page but IDK how to get from here. Can anyone help me out? I'm trying to expand but having trouble with this stuff. Thanks.

there's probably something wrong with the files. you might want to reupload everything and do the process again. hope that helps.

Just a quick reminder that the Database name is prefixed by your capnel username. It is a common error to not put the prefix before the db name in the config file. Just checking that you were aware of the prefix.

Thank you guys......It seems like it was a combo of both of those problems. I reloaded them and added the prefix (I had it on my username but not the database name). Thank you both again. Love the help and appreciate the quickness of the responses.